M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd throw out a quick update. Went to my ankle surgeon today and had stitches all taken out and got rid of the fiberglass cast. Got a boot today! Which means...I can start exercising range of motion of my ankle . No weight just yet. Got my telescoping crutches the other day, and have the floor boards and oversized brake pedal installed on the Goldwing trike. Riding isn't that far away!!! Shooting for two wheels by August. :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hink! That's for sure. There have been 4 or 5 people seriously injured or killed on their bikes in and around Edwardsville area in the last month. Not even counting the accidents that occur in St. Louis. I never dwelled on it before, but you know that chance of going down or getting hit is always out there. But heck, people get shot walking down the street these days, and I'm not gonna sit around and wait for that. It's amazing how many people assume it was my fault when I say I got hit on my bike. Always sure to point out it was a 63 year old lady who was too eager to make a left turn in her car that hooked me up.

Have had a bike trip planned, before I got hit, for the first week of August to go South and then through the Tail of the Dragon. Hoping to be on two wheels for that, but may end up doing it on the Goldwing trike.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That's good to hear. I hope your range of motion and strength returns quickly.

I'm sure you feel you need a vacation now. Take the trike, be safe and HAVE FUN!!!! You need a strong foot/ankle to come to a complete stop on the 9 or if the bike was to fall over on you.

I'm with you. We can all sit in the comfort & safety of our homes on the couch. But what fun is that? Gotta live life and do what makes us happy. I hope you can return to riding soon. I know it hasn't hardly affected me mentally after I went down. It's bound to happen at least once to every rider.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I feel for ya with the cast and boot, I had ankle surgery last fall and it wasn't very fun at all. Heal up quick and you will be back riding before you know it.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
glad to hear you are doing better and eager to ride again

·
Registered
445 Posts
glad its going good!

well looks like your recover is ahead of mine. won't be in a boot till the 18th cant wait! still got the mod bug bad packages come everyday! might go broke at this pace...lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's good to hear you're recovering well,and quick!!!...:2cool:
Before you know it,you'll be on that sweet nine again!!

There are so many"Idiotic"cager's on the road that don't freakin pay attention to anything around them!!..."Especially Motorcycle's"!!!:cus:
:agree:with GeorgiaRoller!!...Go on your vacation with your trike,and "ENJOY"!!!..BE SAFE!!... "HAVE LOT"S OF FUN"!!..:hot:....Life is way to short to sit around on the dang couch!!..;)...Go out,and enjoy life to the fullest!!...

Take Care,Ride Safe!!...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
561 Posts
LOL...you're killin' me.
Wondered how your drug supply was doin'. Thought if they gave
you a big enough supply you'd show up at a bike night sooner or
later.
Congrats on healing up. But come on dude...August? A young
stud like you should be able to throw a leg over before that...lol.

All the 9's are down around here right now...
John sold his for a Cross Bones...Dooohhhh
Dan's was damaged in a garage fire.
And your's with it's new junkyard home.

I've been to Gio's, Show Me's, Pasta House and some deal in Grafton...
all by myself. It's a lonely time around here, not puttin' many miles on
lately.

Heal up!!
Jeff / Foo

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Jeff! I did jump on the Goldwing last week and rode for about 20 minutes on the country roads. Could only use the front brake since the right leg is off limits. Had multiple neigbors call to remind me that I should be taking it easy. Hahaha. I'm alot more mobile now, so I'm planning on driving down for Gio's or Pasta House soon. Talked to Dan few days ago, sounded like he went down to Midwest to check out the 2007 LE they have down there. I've been spending time working on the mod list to get "number II" to where the original was. I'll holler soon as I can get road worthy.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
That's great news bro, best wishes for continued fast recovery. Heal fast and get back on the ride soon!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Only 17 days left in my boot. (I hope.)
This site keeps me sane. Riding the couch is way over rated.

I'm glad to hear you are healing as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts