M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JYD and myself got together this afternoon to do some standing start runs and some roll-ons. We both took runs on both bikes. His bike is set up just about perfect. The problem for my bike is that it has the chronic problem of all extra horsepower vehicles. It either wanted to spin the tire or lift the front end off the ground. Its gonna take some work for me to find a riding style that can solve the problem

Here are the photos I took of JYD's bike today and some of his mods.

His intake and his radiator accent strips

His accent strips up closer

Different look at intake

He installed the Kewl Metal 2 inch riser extensions

His Cycle House license plate bracket

His left side intake and front axle spike

The filters are easy to clean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ppridgen1 said:
he could keep his front end down due to the extra weight of those reflectors....lol
JYD has the bonz on his bike and he also had about 3 inches cut out of his seat. I think he has the perfect weight transfer set-up.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Can you get those front axle spikes on DLP? If not, where? I like them alot.

thanks,
-swagfndr-
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ITguy said:
Nice pics of JYD's bike. Like the radiator accents :bigthumbsup:

Sooooo, when you got a good run without spins or wheelies how'd they compare?
We really didn't get a good run. And I need to grow some more _____________.

Because when the front end lifts about two feet and you let off the throttle and then hit it again and it lifts about a foot you have to reprioritize what you are trying to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swagfndr said:
Can you get those front axle spikes on DLP? If not, where? I like them alot.

thanks,
-swagfndr-
Those were something he had from another bike, don't know what else to use now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
JYD here, hal's bike runs great. i rode it and the rear tire just wants to spin. i think with some suspension work to lower the bike and himself will help get the power to the ground. when i ride my bike i feal like i'm in the bike. when i'm on his i feel like i'm setting up on it. he knows what he has to do he is just waiting for seat and bones for lowering the rear. both of these items will help put the power where it's suppost to be. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
the chrome strips on the radiator grill is made from door protector guards that i bought fron pep boys and cut to length. i used a little bit of super glue jell to hold them in place. the top one have to be held in for a minute to conform to the curve in the middle. JYD :read:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
yep, door chrome strip. I got mine at autozone 3.99 a pkg. you'll need 4pkgs to have enough for the whole grill. they got gold too if you need to bling a little!

·
Registered
974 Posts
swagfndr said:
Can you get those front axle spikes on DLP? If not, where? I like them alot.

thanks,
-swagfndr-
+1 JYD were these the one from Kuryakyn for VTX'S?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
So Hal, with the front end being completly willing to stand up like that would you classify your engine work as over the top or spot on what you were looking for? Sounds to me if you can stand it up like that, you've probably exceeded the 140hp mark without the exhaust changes and the map fine-tuning for the PCIII.. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lets just say that this was the shakedown ride and we got a lot of shaking to do.

HP is one thing but if you can't get it to stay on the ground its not gonna help.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Lets just say that this was the shakedown ride and we got a lot of shaking to do.

HP is one thing but if you can't get it to stay on the ground its not gonna help.
Sounds like we may need to swap bikes Hal, mine is more your speed. :joke:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used to have the same filters on my street car...they kept catching on fire...good luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
DW, JYD here, i had the same problem on older cars i owned but you have to think about the raw fuel was only about 4 inchs from the filter as to on the bike the fire would have to go from the throttle valve, through the air box, down the tubes and out to the air cleaner. could happen but not very likely. the JUNK YARD DOG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
HalGreenlee said:

Why stay on the ground? Throw some wings on that puppy and get a pilots lisence brother!!! 8) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
HalGreenlee said:

Because when the front end lifts about two feet and you let off the throttle and then hit it again and it lifts about a foot ...
Yeeeeeeeeesss! :eek:

I can hardly wait for the trickle-down tech to reach the rest of us. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts