M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I assembled the JSD-1 kit as per instructions in the kit. I soldered a 2.2K and 470 OHM resistor together, heatshrunk and installed between pink and black connectors looping back to ECM. I presume the black wire is ground, therefore grounding the pink through my two resistors. I used the enclosed red wire to provide continuity for the blue wire. NOW, I tried to find a 3 hole connector on the left side, but all there was, was a black connector with a pink, brown and orange wire. On the right side I found a 3 hole connector with a pink, blue and black wire. Since the connector I built is plug and play now I tried both sides. The right side, bike does not show neutral and will not start. On the left side, bike starts, runs and idles normal. It also seemed to have bogged a little on a hard 1-2 shift. I'm now lost. I put it back to stock and it seems to run better. I wasted about 2 hours. Any help??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All fixed thanks to tube tone. Jeff, it would help if you wouldn't have had the wrong diagram in the kit. While I understand it wasn't designed for our bike, you posted the same diagram on this website. I assumed it would work the same. The diagram only shows continuity on the blue wire, but in fact we need to continue the black AND blue wire to the GPS, and ground the pink through 2.7 K. I grounded my resisters to the gold bolt right outboard of the connector on the right side. Not your bad though, we are just too impatient to wait for stuff made for our bikes!

·
Registered
514 Posts
bollert said:
All fixed thanks to tube tone. Jeff, it would help if you wouldn't have had the wrong diagram in the kit. While I understand it wasn't designed for our bike, you posted the same diagram on this website. I assumed it would work the same. The diagram only shows continuity on the blue wire, but in fact we need to continue the black AND blue wire to the GPS, and ground the pink through 2.7 K. I grounded my resisters to the gold bolt right outboard of the connector on the right side. Not your bad though, we are just too impatient to wait for stuff made for our bikes!
Sorry, I never intended to sell kits to 109 owners..... for a long time I did not know who was buying them from my site. The instructions are reall for gsxr bikes.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So you were making posts to m109riders.com and you didn't know that 109 owners were buying them? Ok. I guess you think OJ is innocent, or that oral sex isn't sex. Dude come on. :mad: :cus:

·
Registered
849 Posts
I actually ordered the original kit from Jeff because one of our members dug it up and posted his site. If I can follow all of these threads that have grown off Maniac's original mod post, I don't believe Jeff started posting until a lot of us started ordering his GSXR kits and were having trouble convincing our 109s they were GSXRs.
He then came on and tried to help us straighten things out. Since then, he has developed a 109r specific kit for sale and we should all have less problems. Some may still find something to complain about, but such is life.
Jer

pizzmor said:
So you were making posts to m109riders.com and you didn't know that 109 owners were buying them? Ok. I guess you think OJ is innocent, or that oral sex isn't sex. Dude come on. :mad: :cus:

·
Registered
514 Posts
jerbear said:
I actually ordered the original kit from Jeff because one of our members dug it up and posted his site. If I can follow all of these threads that have grown off Maniac's original mod post, I don't believe Jeff started posting until a lot of us started ordering his GSXR kits and were having trouble convincing our 109s they were GSXRs.
He then came on and tried to help us straighten things out. Since then, he has developed a 109r specific kit for sale and we should all have less problems. Some may still find something to complain about, but such is life.
Jer
You mean that 109's are not gsxr's????? What about those forks... ha ha.......

·
Registered
154 Posts
bollert said:
OK, I assembled the JSD-1 kit as per instructions in the kit. I soldered a 2.2K and 470 OHM resistor together, heatshrunk and installed between pink and black connectors looping back to ECM. I presume the black wire is ground, therefore grounding the pink through my two resistors. I used the enclosed red wire to provide continuity for the blue wire. NOW, I tried to find a 3 hole connector on the left side, but all there was, was a black connector with a pink, brown and orange wire. On the right side I found a 3 hole connector with a pink, blue and black wire. Since the connector I built is plug and play now I tried both sides. The right side, bike does not show neutral and will not start. On the left side, bike starts, runs and idles normal. It also seemed to have bogged a little on a hard 1-2 shift. I'm now lost. I put it back to stock and it seems to run better. I wasted about 2 hours. Any help??
the right side connector is the one, but when the jsd-1 kit is plugged in you need the kickstand UP for the bike to run as the ECU thinks the bike is in 4th gear and the kickstand safety shuts it down

1 - 12 of 12 Posts