M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: JSD gets a big thumbs up

I concur with you Hal. All around performance improved. The new JSD-3M TRE has functioned without any issues on my bike. Was running the JSD-2M since May. I thought I would like switching it on and off. Turns out it was on all the time.Â

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

"Blais commented on was that the JSD really made a difference in how the bike ran."

Please don't stop there. It was this forum that started the JSD's cause detonation and essentially put you in danger of damaging your bike. There was strong corroborating statements about how this was confirmed by a knowledgeable and well respected shop with all the right equipment. Now that's not direct quotes, but it's definitely the gist of what was being said here about the JSD mod.

You have spoken quite glowingly about Blais abilities and your confidence in them. And now the "Blais commented on was that the JSD really made a difference in how the bike ran" quote. Please try and put a period at the end of this JSD topic. It's about to make me go Schizophrenic!

This shop says it causes detonation. It’s bad. Take it off. So and so broke a piston. Yada yada yada - on and on.

vs

Blais is an expert at Suzuki performance. Suzuki racing experts. Blais thinks the JSD mod really makes a difference in how the bike runs.

I’m going nuts guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the way, my JSD is still on my bike cause I figured there was more to come on this topic.

·
Registered
665 Posts

+1 :bigthumbsup: :welcome: :pop: :pop: :pop:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

my 2 cents is that the jsd-3m mod WORKS. i run my bike at the track only - w/91 oct fuel wide open huge difference over stock should come standard on the bike BUY ONE! yuo will love it

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

My take on this is a member of the board did some dyno testing and found evidence of detonation when using the JSD. The fix was going with a colder plug, I believe a NGK-CR10EK.

So if you want to maximize your protection against detonation when using a JSD go with the colder plug. :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Bought the 10's....Have to buy 2 more now that I heard have 4 plugs....
...OK, I never said I was a motorhead..

I love this mod,,,won't run without it...If my bike explodes into a million pieces, I will have to go buy a new one, and have still paid less tha a Harley costs and have twice the bike!!!
And I'll put the 3M on again.

·
Registered
696 Posts

chevyguy_72 said:
I want to hear more as well
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:come on Hal :doorag: :doorag:...don't hold back ... give it all you got... let's get to the bottom of this :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:.... mjm

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

I've heard a higher octane fuel and colder plugs along with the JSD, is suggested to be a good/safer combination to prevent a possible piston blowing up. I've also heard there is no good combination with the JSD, it will damage your pistons.

I also find this frustrating. The JSD does improve the ride, and I would really like to know if I'm killing my 109 slowly or not.
I understand the risk of any mod, but has anyone dyno'd their bike, WITH the JSD, and found this to be the case?
If some are finding it bad, and some are finding it just fine, what is the variable that makes it safe.
I would do it myself, if I had any idea what I was looking for, or trusted the dyno guy to look for it.

Did the guy who blew up his pistons run high octane and cold plugs? If he did, was there another mod that would have caused this?
:confused:

·
Registered
386 Posts

Hal, Did you run the JSD BEFORE your latest mods? If so, what did you pistons and plugs look like when they took it apart? Was there any evidence of detonation? When they dyno your bike can you get them to check for detonation and dyno it with and without the JSD.
It would be good to find this out once and for all.
I would HATE to be without my JSD!

·
Registered
849 Posts

I've been extremely happy with the JSD3M and the change it made in the bike's rideability and fun factor. I normally try to keep my revs above 3 grand or higher, and the TRE is just too cool when I put the hammer down.
I'm running one step colder plugs, NGKCR9EKs, and use 93 octane fuel and have experienced no problems.
Jer

·
Registered
133 Posts

This detention thing is getting old. There is not one bit of evidence, no facts, proof or anything close to resembling truth. I see pictures of something, but what? This whole histaria is based on hearsay (someone said).

Human nature dictates that if someone screws up the ego is going to spin the truth into something that can be easily justfied or explained, therefore diverting attention from themselves and the true facts of the original event.

My plugs are stock. They look good. I burn 93 octane fuel (good fuel). I have had my bike on the dyno. I run a PCIII. I have a JSD-3M. Based on all the stuff on my bike and comparing it to the detonation issue then my bike should be in pieces because it would have blown up, exploded, caught fire and burnt to a crisp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts

What is JSD and why does it improve the ride?

also i live in northern california and i cant find anything higher than 91 octane.

p.s. i dont have a 109 yet...i still have my zx10r

·
Registered
849 Posts

Both BP and Marathon, as well as Sam's club, carry 93 in my area (Mich.)
JSD is a timing retard eliminator and there are plenty of threads on the board that discuss what it does. Basically, it changes the timing in 1, 2, 3, and 5th gear to be the same as the timing in 4th. Suzuki has slightly retarded the timing in those gears as delivered. i won't speculate why but bike runs much snappier with the extra advance. Check this site.

http://www.jsdproducts.com/

1 - 20 of 61 Posts