Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could care less about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard really good results with the JSD mod, which I'm considering on getting one. But, I also heard a few that was not happy with it.. With this thread / poll, I'm not looking to bash the product. I just want to get an over all poll result on how many has it and if they like or not, as well, if others plan on getting one...

Thanks........ :doorag:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Your poll doesn't permit enough choices -- or the ability to make multiple responses. I have one (JSD-2M). I'm not convinced that it makes a big difference. (It DOES raise my idle in neutral to about 1100 rpm -- which convinces me that it's working). It only costs $40 -- which is what I might spend for lunch with a friend, with a couple of beers. Therefore -- my answer would be: I have one, I'm not too sure whether to recommend it, and either way -- it's no big deal, since it only costs $ 40.

·
Registered
317 Posts
moto said:
I have one, have had it for weeks and chose not to put it on.There's only one purpose for this mod wright!! Do you need the pinch of extra power off the line? do you race your bike?Do you need to fly 150 mph?Are you a hot rod?Do you wish to improve burnouts? If you answer yes to two or more of these questions then yes you need one.
yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tomph1 said:
Your poll doesn't permit enough choices -- or the ability to make multiple responses. I have one (JSD-2M). I'm not convinced that it makes a big difference. (It DOES raise my idle in neutral to about 1100 rpm -- which convinces me that it's working). It only costs $40 -- which is what I might spend for lunch with a friend, with a couple of beers. Therefore -- my answer would be: I have one, I'm not too sure whether to recommend it, and either way -- it's no big deal, since it only costs $ 40.
I hear ya... I didn't want to offer to many choices, just trying to keep it simple. Everyone is going to have a different thought on the product. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I should be putting on mine later today if I feel up to it, let me know when you are free this week sometime, and I'll let you see how mine rides with it on... and then you can compare the two in person that way ;)

Simple enough huh?

:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigBen said:
I should be putting on mine later today if I feel up to it, let me know when you are free this week sometime, and I'll let you see how mine rides with it on... and then you can compare the two in person that way ;)

Simple enough huh?

:)
BigBen, there you go again... Helping a bro out........... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have one, I like it. Reminds me of the timing advancer plate I put on my 99' ZRX 1100. It may not show up as numbers on the dyno but throttle response is enhanced. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had to take mine off when i drove to the dealer about 1hr 45 mi n away, the one where i live is a STEALER!!! and it is a noticble difference 2 me. i do most of my ridin 2up and me and my wife could tell a difference she asked me why is my bike running so rough. me i just think it makes it a little more responsive, could be in my head though. i would recomend it for 45 bucks. well worth it to me

·
Registered
315 Posts
After having it for two months, i wouldn't ride without it unless there was something else that offers the same service. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
A very good spend if you don't mind the couple hundred rpm idle increase. Me, I don't mind. Response is definitely crisper off the line. Harder to tell at higher rpm's. To me the engine sounds different after the mod. The pitch changed slightly at lower rpm's and it just sounds tighter.

It's like an amp that has better damping factor, the bass just sounds tighter. That's the way the bike sounds after the mod.

What'd he say?

Yeah, I'm a techie geek!

·
Registered
24 Posts
so im guessing on my switched jsd when my idle picks up its on ?

cause i just put mine in and i think on is off and off is on just need a lil assurance there buddies?

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I've heard really good results with the JSD mod, which I'm considering on getting one. But, I also heard a few that was not happy with it.. With this thread / poll, I'm not looking to bash the product. I just want to get an over all poll result on how many has it and if they like or not, as well, if others plan on getting one...

Thanks........  :doorag:
JSD Mod did help the areas where it is claimed to... Bike runs a little better, throttle is more responsive, feels slightly more powerfull....

HOWEVER, the JSD-3M does not preserve the idle, which is what your paying the extra 20 or so $$ for. With the 3M installed My bike idles 1200 in nuetral with clutch out, 900 clutch in. Without the JSD-3M bike idles at 900 RPM's clutch in or out, doesnt matter. :(

I've read a bunch of posts about bad grounds, etc... but I took the JSD straight to the battery and still had the same issue.

I personally cant stand the high idle, takes away from the cool factor when your sitting at a light and your bike sounds like it is not running right. But if you can deal with the high idle, go for it...

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I have one on my bike and Big Joes bike now and it seems to do what it says but we ran into a little problem on Joe's bike the other day. We just got back from dinner and Joe's bike was running at 2000 rpm's+ and wouldn't back down. We got to the hotel and looked at all the cables and blipped the throttle several times and it still wouldn't back down. I heard that this has happened before with the JSD and I told Joe to shut it down and I would pull it off. He did and just for kick he started the bike again and it was fine and hasn't done it since then. Maybe Jeff can tell us why it's doing that and how to fix it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I thought I read someones post, might have been Jeff don't recall, where they said that polishing the point you ground the unit off to with emery paper before bolting it down kept this problem from arrising. Been a while since I saw the post, will try and find it and link it here if its applicable.

·
Registered
844 Posts
LAMONSTER: This is VERY interesting. I have the switchable JSD-2M, and run with it "on" most of the time. The other day, out of the blue, I start having the idle problem. Tried blipping the throttle etc. -- no dice. So I just reached down and switched off the JSD. --- STILL NO CHANGE. I shut the bike off (I was almost home when this happened the first time) -- and later, when I started it up agian, no sign of the idle problem. This has happened to me twice now. Seems if it was directly related to the JSD, that shutting it off would immediately fix the problem. ????

Someone posted above that he thinks the switch is "On" when the grease pen lettering on the switch says it should be "Off". I had the same thing with my JSD-2M. If you let the clutch out in neutral, the switch position which causes the idle to rise SHOULD be the "On" position -- regarless of what it says on switch in grease pen.

AT LEAST THIS HAS BEEN MY ASSUMPTION. I e-mailed Jeff about this several times, but never got an answer. If anyone knows differently, please speak up.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
With my -2m when its on well its on and with switch is in off position the idle goes back to stock with clutch out 8) no idle related issues here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have had the same occuring problem of the occasional 2000 rpm idle. I also run the -2m. I found that to clear or reset the idle is to shut off the key switch. Turning off the kill switch doesn't reset the idle. I don't know what is causing the problem. It's annoying but I'm leaving the JSD switch installed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts