M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have purchased my JSD-1 Kits and need to see exactly how to make them, here is a pic for you (if you did not like the wiring diagram included in the instructions).

You can seen that you have a single wire going from the small to the large connectors. The resistor is soldered and inserted into the small connector.

Normall I put in 2 additional wire in the large end. just incase someone pulls by the wires instead of the connector. I then put it all into a nylon spacer and fill with potting epoxy.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I sent you an email yesterday. I ordered this version but then read that you were making another version for the 109. Let me know if you got it. I asked to hold the order and I would order the one that you were making for our bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know the automatic doesn't affect the neutral/idle.I am unsure on this bike,but my hayabusa would idle kinda low and lumpy when warming up.I started of with just the resistor and then purchased the automatic.It made a big difference on my busa.I haven't installed any tre on my 109 yet.I just didn't want the hassle,so I waited and purchased the best one.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
rastus said:
all three are up on his website.Go get em boys!

jsdproducts.com
Please explain the differences. I dont understand the neutral thing. I "think" I understand the others. One and its always defeated which means low rough idle, Switched would mean switched... Auto??? I guess it senses neutral?? and leaves the idle alone??

Am I right? do I win a prize?

Sledzep

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered the automatic version....how about an explanation on how it works.....what else is in it besides the resistor?

·
Registered
92 Posts
ditto on instruction!!! from what I gather you find the plug pull it apart and install the new gadget in between??????

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The standard versions (JSD-1M, JSD-2M) always send a fixed gear signal to the ECU... in this case its 4th gear. Have a look at my page:
http://jsdproducts.com/Jeffw/Jeffw_s_Bikes/GSXR/Mods/Misc/jsd.html

The 109 uses the same type of GPS... as the gixers do.

The problem that some run into with the std units is idle... since the bike is using a 4th gear fuel map (made for the bike at speed), when you come to a stop... it runs a little rough. Also some have found cold starting a little hard.

So the automatic version send nautral to the ECU when its select.... 4th gear the rest of the time. Does it by a switching transistor and another resistor as well.

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for explanation I had the same questions. Seems to be an awsome product will be ordering the automatic one next week.

G

·
sixtsix mike said:
ditto on instruction!!! from what I gather you find the plug pull it apart and install the new gadget in between??????
Yes! What plug and where is it? Pics would be amazing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
J R said:
Its real easy to see and get to guys its the white triangular plug right behind the rear exhaust pipe it sits about in the middle of the bike you just pull the side cover off and un plug the plug so its unplugged then plug the TRE you get from Jeff into one side of the TRE and plug the other into the otherside.Real easy your just basically putting it in-line and its plug and play.Less than a 5 min job. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Sorry the pic,s are so crappy but you can clean um up yourself if you really wanna get a close up :bigthumbsup:

OK, I'm not electronically inclined at all, but if I'm reading this correctly - I simply plug the JSD-1M component into the plug shown in this post??? Is that correct??

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have no soddering experience at all but interested in the JSD-3 (automatic). Is this explanation only for the JSD-1 & JSD-2? Or will in work for JSD-3 as well?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts