M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I read the post on the JSD-3M ignition advance mod. Does it really work? I know some guys mentioning the idle issue, and one person that his rev limiter kick in at 6200 rpm. I want to believe in this mod, but I want to know for sure that it works. The other question I have, I plan on buying the FI2000R with it affect it in any way? Is this 2 seperate circuits and have no effect on each other. Please be open and honest with your answers. Has anyone Dynoed the differences with it on or off?

Want to believe!!!

Cormierone

·
Registered
514 Posts
Cormierone said:
Guys,

I read the post on the JSD-3M ignition advance mod. Does it really work? I know some guys mentioning the idle issue, and one person that his rev limiter kick in at 6200 rpm. I want to believe in this mod, but I want to know for sure that it works. The other question I have, I plan on buying the FI2000R with it affect it in any way? Is this 2 seperate circuits and have no effect on each other. Please be open and honest with your answers. Has anyone Dynoed the differences with it on or off?

Want to believe!!!

Cormierone
I'll have dyno results soon.... I know that you will see more in 5th gear that sort numbers (dyno charts have shown that already)

·
Registered
849 Posts
The person who had the problem limiting rpm installed the improper unit by mistake. The units aren't intended to increase overall horsepower, but are meant to allow you to have access to the full range of your horsepower in all 5 gears, rather than just in fourth. When the proper unit is correctly installed, it makes a very noticable difference, both in acceleration, and top speed. It also makes the bike more fun, and even allows more of that cruiser character by allowing you a wider range of usable horsepower thus permitting less shifting if that makes a difference to you.
All in all, it makes for a much nicer ride. Having said all of that, it wouldn't bother me if no one else made the mod as I like having a quicker, faster bike.
Jer
Cormierone said:
Guys,

Want to believe!!!

Cormierone

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
no f1 or odometer issues. this is how yhe bike should of came from the factory. trust me if you own one of these bikes you gotta do the mod. i put mine on with 31 miles on the bike and it is awsome.

john

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Fellows,
I just ordered mind, I went for a quick spin before it stated to rain, I know the bogging that everyone experienced before the mod. If it takes care of this I'm happy. Thanks again for your input. I let evryone know when I get it.

Cormierone

·
Registered
86 Posts
man00 said:
Is this the TRE mod? If so I hope this doesn't open a can of worms that it did on the Busa boards.
Fill us in....has there been problems, or just debating whether it works or not.

G

·
This started as the "Maniac Mod" heres the proof. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1136.0. This is 5th gear Dyno run, I have another thread from my first Dyno run prior to the mod in 5th and the bike topped out at 127. Anyhow, Use this
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?action=search. It works and any of the three forms that you use. I did not post charts from 1, 2, 3 rd gears as the post would have been 10 pages long, but take by word for it, it works.

I have not had any issues with the mod, other than the 200 rpm, but I am using my own version, prior to the finish kits from JSD products. I have added a switch to mine so I can turn it off when two up with the wife.

It works.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Put the the JSD 3M in tonight. Took her for a quick spin and noticed the difference. More acceleration down low and smoother throttle response

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put in the 3M with 160 miles on the bike, idles at 900 with clutch in, 1000-1100 in neutral, just as others posted. Love the bike!

G

·
J R said:
These guys have no clue about TRE,s or what the deal is with um.They call um JSD or manic mods here ;) Same thing just different wording but no there is not the debate there is on the sportbike boards about them.However i will say they do have MUCH more seat of the pants down low then the sportbikes did.My Busa you could tell a little the 1000 couldnt really tell at all.And im sure you already know about the dyno results with/without It works real good on the old 109 :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
No clue you funny! Timing Retard Eliminator. :yikes: :clap2:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine is smoother now with more power down low, but in nuetral idles around 1300. With the clutch pulled in it drops to 900. Feels a little high in nuetral with the clutch out though. Gonna check the ground tonight after work just to be safe. Not sure if that's normal. Other than that it does what everyone here says.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had one of the first 99 busas out....... did I have a JSD on it? Yes. Did it work? Yes. same thing for both of my gsxr-1000's. IF I buy a 109 will it have a JSD on it?? YES.

Funny how the owner of suzukihayabusa.org buys them (JSD's)from me to sell in his store, the motorhead does not do ANYTHING that does not improve performance. A few guys over there have an impression that it does not help their 1/4 miles times. So to each his own.

It does make a difference on a M109.

BTW: Pulling the clutch in -va- the bike in neutral is two different things.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts