M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what is it and is it ok to put on a stock 109??
sorry if this was asked before i can find any info on this

thanks for any help

missouri city Texas :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the fast reply L-Train  :bigthumbsup:

now which one should i go with (JSD) is there a dif?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Trent at thunder mfg. told me after the JSD. the only difference he thought it made was at the top end, no difference in 1st. and 2CD like everyone says. i really don't know thats what he told me. i prefer the rev. limiter to keep me from blowing the engine, I've missed second gear so many times and the rev. limiter would back the engine off. this is what he said, instead of running 128 it would run 150 mph.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Remember that it doesn't remove the 7400 rev limiter just the 5000 in fifth. So you won't overrev, I know I hit mine in first today.

To me it definitely feels different. To most guys on the board it does too. On the GSX-R 1000 and on the Busa there is an argument about the TRE (JSD) as well. Everyone on this board that did it to the busa and then to the 109 says they are definitely noticing a difference.

Perhaps Trent's isn't performing properly. I did some time measurements and it was faster by distance and the stopwatch, I have a thread on it somewhere with my times and distances.

It's not a turbo but it is an improvement. At least it seems that way to me and many others.

Which one to go with? The 1 increases the idle about 200 rpm, the 2 is the same as the one except with a kill switch, the 3 is supposed to restore stock idle but it just seems to happen with the clutch in but not in neutral.

I have the 3. If I was doing it again I might go with the 2 so I can try it back to back on and off.

JMO

·
Registered
936 Posts
well you know brother trent is in the dyno room to, not on pavememt. i've got one just don't know if i'll use it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
it is an ignition advaner, it cant help but make the throttle a little snapier. seems to smooth things out abit also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts