M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got (DJ Certified Tuning Center) Olathe Suzuki to put a 109 on the dyno to just look at runs with & w/o the JSD. I have the run files to view if anyone would like them. You can see exactly where the ECU shuts the bike down in 5th gear.

This is from the owner, racer, and race bike builder.... his quotes below.

Looks like the JSD for the M109 works pretty damn well. It looks like the JSD adds over 1000 RPM’s and over 25 MPH in 5ht gear.  Send me a few for the M109 and quad racer and I will send you a check

FYI in case anybody asks why the 5th gear run with out the JSD has more horsepower and torque is because 5th gear has a more radical ignition advance than 4th , to bad it shuts off 1400 RMP early.
Link to full size pic :Click: http://jsdproducts.com/m109/109-jsd.jpg

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lamonster said:
Looks good Jeff. Looks like it may have been a little lean on the F/A :dontknow:

P.S. I adjusted your message so it was a little better to read withou the scrollbar. :doorag:
Thanks for that....

The bike was stock except for a JSD-2M, so he could make a run, switch in on and then make another run.

You normally shoot for 12.7 - 13.2 for a/f ratio...

G

·
jeffw said:
Thanks for that....

The bike was stock except for a JSD-2M, so he could make a run, switch in on and then make another run.

You normally shoot for 12.7 - 13.2Â for a/f ratio...
I got that but there seems to be some confusion on the board alot of guys are saying that there bike is lean or rich and are not really using numbers.

From Dynojet site. I thought I had it right.

http://www.dynojet.com/motorcycle_dyno/afratio.aspx

I will be sending you the pics we where talking about.

TAZ

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Jeff, Nice numbers. I am one of the first guys on board to have bought your mod. and I am very happy with the performance. I just upgraded to the new JSD 3M without the ground wire.
For those who have not picked up one of these JSD mods for your 109, I reccommend them highly for much improved performance across the board. Thanks Jeff.........Ray

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
raw_taz said:
I got that but there seems to be some confusion on the board alot of guys are saying that there bike is lean or rich and are not really using numbers.

From Dynojet site. I thought I had it right.

http://www.dynojet.com/motorcycle_dyno/afratio.aspx

I will be sending you the pics we where talking about.

TAZ
From my understanding, lean is when there are more parts air than fuel (which is a higher number). The number you see is the parts of air in relation to 1 part fuel, so an a/f ratio of 14 means there are 14 parts air to 1 part fuel. Higher number means lean, lower numbers means rich, since there is more fuel in the mix in relation to the air. In his dyno sheet, the bike looks very lean at cruising speeds at around 3000 RPM. If that's on a stock bike, that makes me feel I need a PCIII even more with my new intake since I mostly cruise around 3000 RPM. Running lean can cause detonation from what I've read.

G

·
Medic1210 said:
From my understanding, lean is when there are more parts air than fuel (which is a higher number). The number you see is the parts of air in relation to 1 part fuel, so an a/f ratio of 14 means there are 14 parts air to 1 part fuel. Higher number means lean, lower numbers means rich, since there is more fuel in the mix in relation to the air. In his dyno sheet, the bike looks very lean at cruising speeds at around 3000 RPM. If that's on a stock bike, that makes me feel I need a PCIII even more with my new intake since I mostly cruise around 3000 RPM. Running lean can cause detonation from what I've read.Â
I am not going to tell you to not get the map done becasue that is the only way to get it correct. But this represents a full power run, there are going to be times when the injectors, timing, valve train, set vavle are not neccassrarly in sink exactly. This does not represent the fuel curve when cruising. We are talking about seconds here.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
raw_taz said:
this represents a full power run, there are going to be times when the injectors, timing, valve train, set vavle are not neccassrarly in sink exactly. This does not represent the fuel curve when cruising. We are talking about seconds here.
Ahh, gotcha. So, the a/f ratio may be different when not hammering the throttle, but instead just cruizing around. I forgot that a good map usually keeps your bike just below the lean mark when cruising to help your gas mileage, but when you're hammering it, it richens it up to add power... at the expense of worse gas mileage. Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes do remember that a dyno is just a tool, it really does not represent exactly how a bike will fair day to day on the streets. These are full throttle runs.

I did verify that this was a stock bike, it was the sales demo all this year. They are going to put a new exhaust and pc3 on it today and create a custom map.

I'll post the chart and the exhaust type when I know it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For the technically impaired/mechanically disinclined, do I need a PC w/my otherwise stock 109 w/JSD3? I'm sure it's simple, but help a rider out...

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
cls said:
For the technically impaired/mechanically disinclined, do I need a PC w/my otherwise stock 109 w/JSD3? I'm sure it's simple, but help a rider out...

Thanks.
No

·
Registered
21 Posts
jeffw said:
So I finally got (DJ Certified Tuning Center) Olathe Suzuki to put a 109 on the dyno to just look at runs with & w/o the JSD. I have the run files to view if anyone would like them. You can see exactly where the ECU shuts the bike down in 5th gear.

This is from the owner, racer, and race bike builder.... his quotes below.

Link to full size pic :Click: http://jsdproducts.com/m109/109-jsd.jpg

There are two dyno tests on jsdproducts.com under JSD-3M one (the one that was posted to this forum) shows the 9 tested in 5th gear with and without the JSD. It shows that the rev limiter was moved with the JSD, but the torque and horsepower throughout the range before the 6200 rpm limiter was decreased a little as expained in your post. However the other dyno test shows horsepower and torque were increased everywhere with the JSD. Was that test run in a different gear?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts