M109 Rider Forums banner

JSD-3M

756 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mmarr 
#1 ·
Does everbody that has this MOD have an idle problem or just some? I am about to order one but I would like to see my idle stay the same clutch in or out in neutral. From all the post I have read some say it woks as advertised others have the idle increase of rpm. If that is the case wouldn't it be better to get a 2 instead so you can switch it manually? I would much rather have the auto function if it works correctly. It sounds like it is well worth it just trying to figure out the best way to go.

#2 ·
My JSD-3M was just delivered and I saw your post while getting on line to get some additional install instructions (although the one that accompanied seems okay). I think I got the newest version because on the install instructions that accompanied it states "preserves neutral". I will post further update as soon as I get installed.

#3 ·
OPUS said:
Does everbody that has this MOD have an idle problem or just some?
Define "problem."  If having a resting idle RPM in neutral that is 200 RPM faster than stock is a problem, then yes. But honestly, how often are you gonna just let the bike run in neutral? For me, it's not a problem because I don't usually just let the bike sit and idle other than when I'm letting it warm up.

#5 ·
OPUS said:
No I don't either but idle is idle it would be nice if it were the same clutch engaged or not.Â
Yeah, it would be nice, but I don't think there is one made yet that completely preserves the idle as if it wasn't installed.

ppridgen1 said:
no the jsd-3 isn't supposed to Idle any higher :doorag:
"Isn't supposed to" is right. What it actually does is another thing. It comes close to completely preserving it, but you will notice a 200 or so RPM increase with it installed and idleing in neutral with clutch out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.