M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
?????Isnt the JSD-3M supposed to kill the redline stall at high RPMs. If so i think mine went bad and i hadnt had for about 2K mi. I guess i will have to call DLP and see what they have to say about it........if this is not the case is there any way to kill the govenor/high rpm stall.

·
Registered
916 Posts
?????Isnt the JSD-3M supposed to kill the redline stall at high RPMs. If so i think mine went bad and i hadnt had for about 2K mi. I guess i will have to call DLP and see what they have to say about it.
As far as I know, it only changes the ignition timing in 1st through 4th gear, allowing full timing at all times. I think it also kills the low RPM limiter in those gears, but don't quote me on that. I went the cheap $1 resistor route. Same exact thing except much much cheaper!

·
Registered
11 Posts
tre's

just don't waste you're money! i had one on my bike and it went bad.i did'nt know how much better my bike runs now with it taken off. with the tre on the bike it just killed the power! alot of poeple swear by them but i'm not convenced that the tre is a performance mod. just do a little experiment and take your tre off for a ride and see the difference.just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well I have never had a problem with my homebuilt ATRE and I can switch it off and tell a difference. It's better with it on. I do have other mods though.

The main thing I liked about it when I was pretty much stock is that it cleared up the herky jerky feel at low speeds in town. I hated the way it felt before.

As far as the Hi RPM stall you should see Redline and cutout between 7500-7800 RPM in all gears. Of course I don't know that you'll be able to get up to that in 5th gear due to aerodynamics.

You can build one pretty cheap.:bigthumbsup:
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97244:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I have A GIPro and on mine it did make the bike timing advance in the lower 3 gears and the bike will normally pull to red line in the bottom 4 gears. The GiPro removes the lower RPM speed limit in 5th gear and will allow the bike to pull to redline in high gear. But it does not remove the redline at about 7500 in any gear. That requires other mods to the computer.
Bob

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've tried two and both went bad my bike runs better without it, got tired of the hi idle problems, power loss, detonation. Me and my buddy both have 07's his bike runs great on it mine runs terrible on it. If I had to do it again gi-pro. JMO God Bless Mack

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The GIPro allows for a stock idle in neutral. Also I don't think there have been many posts about any of them going bad. I love mine. The bike is smoother and more responsive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.