M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my JSD-3M today. Did the install per instructions. Now I notice when in neutral my rpms are up about 200-300 more. I thought it would preserve neutral. Or did i install wrong?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its about 1000 with clutch in and 1300-1400 with clutch out.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i think your wrong about that. might be a problem. thats idling way to high.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Installed my -3M Monday. RPM 1100 in neutral & clutch out, 900 in neutral & clutch engaged.

The digital tach can be hard to read. I was reading it higher than actual when I first looked at it, even before the -3M install.

·
Registered
426 Posts
After the install on mine: Idles too low on cold start-almost stalls. After 2 or 3 minutes idle is 900 in nuetral with clutch in/at least 1250-1350 with clutch out- races kind of high. At operating temp idle drops to the 900 w/clutch in and 1100 w/clutch out in nuetral. Not quite sure if I should live with it/troubleshoot it/remove mod? Does this sound like how it should be?

·
Registered
73 Posts
yup me 2 :) 900 with clutch pulled in & 1100 with it released. Does'nt bother me if thats all that it causes, because it runs much better to me. I also noticed it shifts somewhat smoother & gets better mileage per tank :bigthumbsup:It must help the tranny find the next gear easier, since the increased RPM is higher when the throttle is released. :D I'll go with & ride like the wind! :doorag:

·
Registered
140 Posts
my bike is doing that exact same thing. it sure makes smoother shifts, love the mod :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
ITguy said:
With the 3m installed mine idles at 900 in neutral with the clutch in and 1000-1100 with the clutch out.
Same here - just installed this mod last night.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sorry folks, didn't meen to say adjust clutch cable. i meant idle screw. was just a little tired.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I installed the mod and it's working, it idles at 900 clutch in and about 1050 with the clutch out. Which is right considering you're killing the timing retard. Great cheap mod. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Cormierone

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So its killing it (timing) with the clutch being pulled in? Must be a switch in clutch that turns it on off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i installed mine and took an hour ride today,its only got 300 miles on it but what a difference ,,,yes the idle kicked up a bit but who sits there and lets the bikd idle all day with the clutch out  :eek:  and how  many stop at a red light with the clutch out  :eek:,,, daaaa come one guys !!! this is an awsome mod though its not perfect,,its freckin 49.00 bucks !!! well worth the mismle idle thing,, i love the smoother shifts, and havin my arms pulled out of thier sockets with revs in every gear !!! kinda reminds me of the ole bandit 1200s feeling i thought i was gonna miss so much, but im never lookin back  just foward as this thing i a hoot ,,great job jsd  :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
big396 said:
So its killing it (timing) with the clutch being pulled in? Must be a switch in clutch that turns it on off?
The bike in neutral and "clutch pulled in" are really two different things to the ECU.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know about the whole "arms being pulled out my sockets". Yes it smooths out the revs and lets us get to a little more HP down low, but the way everyone is talking you'd think this was a turbo or something. Definitely idles too high IN NEUTRAL AT LIGHTS. I get quite a few of those (red lights)and so it is noticible. Enough so that people have asked why it idles so high. Can't beat the bang for the buck, no question, but I don't think it could ever possibly live up to the hype.

·
Registered
70 Posts
you must have the slower 'silver' one then because everyone knows the black-bird rocks with this mod :joke:,, all kiding aside mine does jump about 100 rpms with clutch out and in neut,,and drops back to 900 with clutch in maybe mine is not as bad as most because in can live with that,,,,i did take a dremal and grind the paint off behind that little gold screw,, spent 6 years in the service as a electronics tech and a bad ground can cause some pretty wierd stuff so i made dam sure i hit nothin but steel !!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts