M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a JSD-3M and when I go to the site I can't order one. Forgive my ignorance, but has the site gone under or something? Where else could I buy one of them, and I don't want one of those grear indicator things.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I want to buy a JSD-3M and when I go to the site I can't order one. Forgive my ignorance, but has the site gone under or something? Where else could I buy one of them, and I don't want one of those grear indicator things.
Apparently he stopped making them. I had the same problem, I went with Track Day electronics i believe was the name. His name is darren. works like a charm and much better price

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ill be ordering my GIpro-ATRE from trackday. Looks like now is the time to get them, i was sent an email saying that next year that price will go up from $89 to $95.

Hey Gigantor if my plates get here for the weekend and the weather isnt too bad you up for a ride?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where else could I buy one of them, and I don't want one of those grear indicator things.
Just installed a ATRE from track day electronics (darrin calls them a gear emulator). No gear indicator. Arrived in Australia in under a week. Fantastic build. 10 minute install. Easy to remove for servicing, if you worry about warranty.

Performance difference is fantastic. It now performs in the lower gears like the bike looks! I cannot keep the smile off my face during the commute. It's like the throttle is directly linked to the speedo dial.

Also, no high idle. Still 900rpm.

Highly recommend!

JB

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just installed a ATRE from track day electronics (darrin calls them a gear emulator). No gear indicator. Arrived in Australia in under a week. Fantastic build. 10 minute install. Easy to remove for servicing, if you worry about warranty.

Performance difference is fantastic. It now performs in the lower gears like the bike looks! I cannot keep the smile off my face during the commute. It's like the throttle is directly linked to the speedo dial.

Also, no high idle. Still 900rpm.

Highly recommend!

JB
How much was it in Aussie dollars landed? I would love one too...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for that. I went to their site and placed an inquiry about one + shipping to Oz. Hopefully its compatible with the updated 2010 model with the gear indicator built-in, thats the version I have...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Go with darren at trackdayelectronics.com

Awesome to deal with and proven product.
:agree: My Emulator from TDE turned my 9 into what I always wanted. From dead start to highway cruising, this thing made a huge effect! Cheapest, best fix there is for this bike of ours.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's scary to think that we can make the 9 even MORE powerful than it already is by simply plugging that TRE in. I look forward to mine arriving and TESTING it. :drool::drool::D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
It's scary to think that we can make the 9 even MORE powerful than it already is by simply plugging that TRE in. I look forward to mine arriving and TESTING it. :drool::drool::D
Don't get your hopes up too much. It makes a difference, but it's not a night and day difference. I can tell more difference in mine when I've had it active a while then switch it off than I could when installing it.

And the brand doesn't matter, they all do exactly the same thing. The build quality and dependability of them do vary.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Darrin from Track-day electronics just emailed me back. As I have the "updated" 2010 M109 with the standard gear position indicator in the tacho arrangement, he said adding their ATRE to the mix will disable the stock gear indicator :-[

Can any super clever electronics wizards on this forum think of a way around it? :dontknow:

Peter

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Darrin from Track-day electronics just emailed me back. As I have the "updated" 2010 M109 with the standard gear position indicator in the tacho arrangement, he said adding their ATRE to the mix will disable the stock gear indicator :-[

Can any super clever electronics wizards on this forum think of a way around it? :dontknow:

Peter
I don't believe that there will be away around it on the stock gear indicator. There are 6 different resistors in the bike that tell the computer what map to use for each gear and N. The TRE just implements a fixed value of 4th gear via a resistor as the same value as 4th gear because it is the best all around timing Map that you could have for the bike. You can trigger an external indicator with a modified TRE like the GIPRO. I haven't seen a schematic of the 2010+ bikes yet and there is a small possibility that it could be triggerd to work but I would not know if it get's the info on resistance from the computer of the gear map.:dontknow:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for that. Your explanation makes sense. Its only $40 delivered so i may just bite the bullett and get one. If it diesn't work i'll just onsell it...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts