M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i know theres a big cost difference but other than the gear selector number what else is the difference between these two can you fit the jsd-3m easy and is it reliable :dontknow:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so why did you take your jsd off did you think you was getting a better product with the Gipro did you have any problem with the jsd ? and what is it like to fit ?? Thanks:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I wanted to see my gears.
That's all.
If you don't care about this feature, go with JSD and save your self few bucks.
Also, if you opted to go with JSD the install is much easier, because all you have to do is plug it in and drive, versus GiPro where I had to mess with the bracket, install that up front, run cable back, and than plug one end and take another end to the battery.
Again, if you don't care for gear display, JSD is way to go.:bigthumbsup:
And yes, I am keeping my JSD (just for the spare).

·
Radio Active Member
22,674 Posts
If you search for JSD you'll find quite a few have problems with them. Not everyone, but enough to be noticeable. Usually it's a high idle in neutral. I haven't heard of a single problem with the GiPro.

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
I and I think a lot of us started off with the JSD and upgraded to a GI-Pro down the road. If you have the extra $$, just go to the GI-Pro.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
If you search for JSD you'll find quite a few have problems with them. Not everyone, but enough to be noticeable. Usually it's a high idle in neutral. I haven't heard of a single problem with the GiPro.
:agree: i don't think the number is very high, but there have been posts on here about the high idle issue when the JSD goes out. i know there is a considerable difference in price betweeen the JSD and the GiPro but i wanted something that would last and wouldn't require me to replace or repair it later and i also loved the fact that it has a built-in gear indicator. i have a acumen on my R1 and i absolutely love it, so when i heard about the GiPro and TRE built-in i had to have it. i have yet to read a post about someone having a problem with the GiPro.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think your points have been taken on board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts