M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha! And you thought another newbie was here to ask questions. :D

I've been holding off on this purchase for the same reason as some others here. I've been a little put off with regards to the reports of flaky idle and no satisfactory comment from JSDP. Well... I went out for a ride on my 3-day old bike tonight. Hit the 1st traffic light as it was turning red. Knowing this light would take 3 minutes and getting hit in this spot would be pretty unlikely, I put her in neutral. Minutes later, anticipating a green light, I pulled in the clutch and was about to pop it in 1st gear. Huh??? The idle jumped 200-300 RPM in neutral! I let the clutch out in neutral. Back down to 900 she went. Pulled the clutch in. Back up to 1100. Geez. My bike is bone stock sans stickers and badges. I'm ordering my JSD-3M right now. ::)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Man, that is exactly opposite of what we are seeing with the JSD-3M pull in clutch (in neutral) and RPM is 800-900 release clutch (in neutral) RPM jumps to 1100-1200. :eek:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Spankster said:
Man, that is exactly opposite of what we are seeing with the JSD-3M pull in clutch (in neutral) and RPM is 800-900 release clutch (in neutral) RPM jumps to 1100-1200.  :eek:
Absolutely +1 on this one. Revs go down with clutch in. Up with clutch out.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, may have gotten that one backwards. Point is, it shifts 200-300 in one direction or another stock. I doubt the change in direction with the JSD mod will bother me. Or is there something I'm overlooking? I just ordered it. If I don't like it or feel a significant benefit, it's simple enough to remove. I may get some free dyno time in Sep-Oct and will post the diff.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Spankster. As long as it's not more than 200 RPM, I think I can tolerate it. It's pretty rare that I have her in neutral with the clutch out anyway. I'm almost always in 1st gear with the clutch in at lights. Gotta be prepared around here sitting at lights. We have almost as many retarded cagers as NYC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts