M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raced a rocket tonight and beat him handily between lights...question is this: Does this mod totally remove the rev limiter? Just wondering because I got shut down at the tail end of the race....do I not have mine grounded correctly so I just "thought" it was installed right? My idle is the standard 1100 rpm's so I figure it's hooked up correctly...hmmm...any ideas?

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you do not have the gound on..... then your bike is using a neutral map 100% of the time. This means you will fall short of the redline.... and drop about 10 hp in 5th gear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've read something about this before and was a bit surprised I've never tested my JSD-M3 but the Maniac Mod when properly set up shut me down at approximately 7400 RPM in every gear, I tested this quite a few times racing with my brother on his CBR 1000R. Does the JSD-3M really remove the RPM limiter alltogether ? And was it designed to?
Dave

·
Registered
514 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
My guess (and it is ONLY that) is with the JSD kit the bike will always think it is in 4th gear (exception the JSD-3M that passes N)

Therefore when you are in 5th gear (where the rev limiter would normally be lower to limit top speed) the bike still thinks it's in 4th and therefore will let you run to the "normal" red line mark.

Hence removing the top speed limiter. The red line limiter should still be there.
To change the RPM limiter (as in redline) on any f/i Suzuki motorcycle, you need to re-program the ECU, or buy an aftermatket version. Just like Fleix says, it was just designed to let *ALL* gears see the 7400 rpm limit, not just 1-4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts