M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAD THE JSD-3M ON MY 06 FOR AROUND A YEAR.ABOUT A MONTH AGO ME AND A FEW OF MY BUDDIES WENT OUT FOR A SHORT RIDE AND MY BIKE STARTED IDLING REAL HIGH.I PULLED OVER AT A GAS STATION AND TOOK THE TRE OFF AND THE IDLE RETURNED BACK TO NORMAL.I HAD THE TRE ON MY BIKE FOR SO LONG I DID'NT REALIZE HOW IT RUN WITHOUT THE TRE! I THINK THE BIKE RUNS BETTER AND STRONGER WITHOUT IT! JUST BE CAREFUL OUT THERE IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH HIGH IDLE! COULD BE DANGEROUS IN TRAFFIC!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I HAD THE JSD-3M ON MY 06 FOR AROUND A YEAR.ABOUT A MONTH AGO ME AND A FEW OF MY BUDDIES WENT OUT FOR A SHORT RIDE AND MY BIKE STARTED IDLING REAL HIGH.I PULLED OVER AT A GAS STATION AND TOOK THE TRE OFF AND THE IDLE RETURNED BACK TO NORMAL.I HAD THE TRE ON MY BIKE FOR SO LONG I DID'NT REALIZE HOW IT RUN WITHOUT THE TRE! I THINK THE BIKE RUNS BETTER AND STRONGER WITHOUT IT! JUST BE CAREFUL OUT THERE IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH HIGH IDLE! COULD BE DANGEROUS IN TRAFFIC!
Why the heck are you yelling? We can see normally.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine does that every once in a while. I just shut her down and restart it and it is fine.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Why the heck are you yelling? We can see normally.
he s yelling over the noise of the engine!!:joke:
i have the jsd also. on occassion i have had the high idle but i have just turned the bike off and waited a few seconds. when i start the bike back up its back to normal. i dont have an explanation for this, only a solution.:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've heard other people having problems with the JSD-3M as well. Seems they can and do fail sometimes.

I've had the GIpro installed for about a month now with only a few minor issues. It occasionally show's 2nd gear when I shift from neutral to 1rst but it always corrects its self within a few seconds after I get rolling. It also corrects itself if I do a quick shift back up to neutral.
All in all this is issue is so minor is to hardly be worth mentioning.

I had once circumstance with high idle with the GIpro after filling up at a gas station half-way through a day long ride. I pulled over to the side of the road and hit the engine kill switch on the handlebar to no avail (the bike's electrical was still on however). After a few miles I was really starting to get pissed. Next time we stopped I used the the key to turn off electrical power, when turned it back on every thing was fine. Seems like it might have booted up incorrectly the one time I had a problem, perhaps because I gave it gas while starting?? Now when I start the bike I do not touch the throttle and I haven't had a problem since.

Long story short: try turning off the power to "reset" the unit. If that doesn't work then your TRE has probably gone bad and will need to be replaced. The GIpro costs more but you might want to consider it because it seems to be more reliable than the JSD-3M based on what I've read on this board.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I've had this happen to me only once since I put mine on about a year ago. Knowing about this previously from reading posts earlier, I knew to just turn the bike off, wait, then turn it back on and everything was back to normal and has been since :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,639 Posts
Most of the time when you get a high idle on startup, it's because you didn't let the bike complete it's "boot up" process. Mine has done it twice and both times it's been because I just jumped on it and started it. And then there have been problems with the JSD causing it too when they aren't working correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the TRE my bike started the high idle yeasterday can't get it to go down stays around 2grand on rpm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts