M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding with the boys last week I had the opportunity to do some serious throttle twisting. When taking off from a dead stop I would hit the rev limiter before I shifted into second gear. I know I was well into 7200 rpm's (or more), but I thought the JSD-3m was supposed to eliminate the rev limiter. Can anyone clarify the function of this unit? I don't ride like that often, only when Haywud is in town, :doorag: so I'm trying to figure out if I have a bad JSD, or should I just blame it on trying to keep up with Haywud?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Blame it on Haywud!!:D Dale I don't think it completely eliminates the rev limiter. It fakes the bike to think it is in fourth gear. I'm pretty sure there is a rev limit in fourth. I think the limit in fifth gear is about 6700 without the JSD or GiPro. That is why it will only go 135mph without the JSD, suppose to go like 145 with the JSD. I wouldn't know much about those speeds though, you would have to ask Mikey!

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
If it eliminated it you might blow your engine.

JSD-3A
Ignition Timing Advancer
Automatic

For GSX-R600, R750 and TL1000R

Product Description:
Suzuki manufactures most motorcycles with a different ignition map for each gear. In the lower gears, the ignition timing is retarded. The JSD sends a fixed signal for sixth gear to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) which eliminates the retardation and enables a more responsive throttle and faster acceleration in the lower gears.

• No manual switching!
  • Preserves the neutral gear for a smoother idle!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Blame it on Haywud!!:D Dale I don't think it completely eliminates the rev limiter. It fakes the bike to think it is in fourth gear. I'm pretty sure there is a rev limit in fourth. I think the limit in fifth gear is about 6700 without the JSD or GiPro. That is why it will only go 135mph without the JSD, suppose to go like 145 with the JSD. I wouldn't know much about those speeds though, you would have to ask Mikey!
:agree: you still have a limiter but it is higher then it would be in 5th....I would have liked to see you in 5th gear at 7200 rpm's in the twisty's :yikes:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
dale irish has it right tricks the ecu into thinking all gears are 4th still a limiter jsut not as low as 5th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts