M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of the JSD's do you guys prefer. Is there a difference between them or is it just the switch. And has anyone had trouble with their bikes after installing it. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the JSD-2 (switched) and I'm very happy with it. one problem that I have noticed is a pinging notice when the switch is on and the bike is not quite warmed up, but once the engine is warm there is no pinging, therefore I prefer the switched unit . The JSD- 2 gives you more flexability, for example when you have a passenger and you want to cruise slow, then flip a switch and your ready for action.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I had the option to add a switch to any of my mods on a Bike -or- Car... Such as disabling the turbos... I'd always opt for the switch option. You just don't always need it... Imagine the life of your turbos if you could simply turn em' off. And prime example above my post... Guy hearing a ping sound vs. when on or off!? That's enough for me to go with the JSD-2M in which I ordered and waiting for. I waited a few weeks to decide between the two and three version... And it just makes more sense to have it as an option to turn on... especially if it's a performance modification.

This option tweaks/disables the retard etc. If you read the manual... The bike has an electronic idle that adjusts per Cold/Hot as it warms up. Yes the JSD-3M/Auto disables in neutral... And after reviewing many threads on high and low idles and this and that... I'm not going to fu%k around with chancing whether the device is operating correctly when in neutral as the bike is warming up. I'd prefer the switch OFF as it warms up... Drive down the road... Engage it and feel it kick in... and go from there... Then you always know when it's working or not by testing the switch periodically!

JSD-2M all the way!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
santiago said:
The JSD- 2 gives you more flexability, for example when you have a passenger and you want to cruise slow,
I have the 3M on my bike. Just got back from a 60 mile ride with the wife on the back, and I had absolutely no issues with slow speed handling.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
You can always add a switch to the 3D- 8)
If I'm not mistaken, and if you are talking about adding a switch to the ground, then that isn't the same as the 2M. There is a post somewhere in which JeffW states what it does when the ground on the 3M is not grounded, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't what the 2M is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
You can always add a switch to the 3D- 8)
... Or you can save a few bucks and always buy the D2... AND you get the switch. It's like having your birthday AND eating the cake!

Is it true when you install the JSD-3M you don't have to wipe down the bike after you rinse 'er down... It just dries it's self???? If so, I may upgrade!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the 2M. Seems to me the bike just feels"crisper", a little more responsive when the switch is on BUT if you have a passenger and your stuck in traffic the switch goes OFF cause its just smoother.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I installed the 3-M this morning and drove to work. There is a very noticeable difference in the first three gears. Taking off and all around smoothness at town speed is awesome!
The istallation was a breeze once I worked on the right side of the bike
. This was exactly what I was expecting and well worth my time and money so far. As far as detonation, who knows, some say it is possible. Just a risk you take when you start tinkering with your stock bike. I do have faith in Jeff's abilities and know how and rolled the dice. So far I love it. I will have to wait and see what it did to the high end limiter until after my break-in oil change and some loooong straight road in front of me.

·
Registered
665 Posts
My experience with the JSD-M# is the opposite. Mine runs much smoother at low speed with it. As far as the "pinging goes,mine doesn't do it,even when warming up. Just run a (if you can get it) good grade of fuel.

·
Registered
514 Posts
WA109 said:
I do have faith in Jeff's abilities and know how and rolled the dice. So far I love it. I will have to wait and see what it did to the high end limiter until after my break-in oil change and some loooong straight road in front of me[/img]
1) Not a single bike since Suzuki first release fuel injection in 1998 has a bike blow up due to installing a timing retard elimiator (TRE, JSD, G-Pack, etc). Not a single bike. That is a fact, there are lots of other crap/speculation out there that are just not true.

2) I do test each and every model JSD on the dyno at Olathe Suzuki (or have it tested for me if I don't have the time), anyone that says I don't is just plain wrong.

·
Registered
974 Posts
WA109 said:
I installed the 3-M this morning and drove to work. There is a very noticeable difference in the first three gears. Taking off and all around smoothness at town speed is awesome!
The istallation was a breeze once I worked on the right side of the bike
. This was exactly what I was expecting and well worth my time and money so far. As far as detonation, who knows, some say it is possible. Just a risk you take when you start tinkering with your stock bike. I do have faith in Jeff's abilities and know how and rolled the dice. So far I love it. I will have to wait and see what it did to the high end limiter until after my break-in oil change and some loooong straight road in front of me.
That Looooong straight dont have to be to long :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
JSD-3M Installation.

:doorag: :eek:
I'm a little overwhelmed by the complexity of the 109r. I purchased the 3M and will attempt the install it in my 07 wed. If anyone knows the procedure or where someone has listed the steps (hopefully with pictures) it would keep me from freeking out during the install. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
[email protected]
Orlando, FL

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: JSD-3M Installation.

shift-red said:
:doorag: :eek:
I'm a little overwhelmed by the complexity of the 109r. I purchased the 3M and will attempt the install it in my 07 wed. If anyone knows the procedure or where someone has listed the steps (hopefully with pictures) it would keep me from freeking out during the install. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
[email protected]
Orlando, FL
I sent instructions wirth pics, did you not see them???

If not, here are some that will help. Should take about 15 minutes.

http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/109-install-1.jpg
http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/109-install-2.jpg
http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/109-install-3.jpg
http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/109-install-4.jpg
http://www.jsdproducts.com/m109/109-install-5.jpg

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
This was as simple as pie!!! Get some lock-tite though, to re-apply the attachment screws. The alan head scews was the most technical part if that tells you anything!!!!! Congrads on your 3M....you will like!!!
Mine came with full color instructions all one pages of them....pull the seat, side plug-in re install side and seat....takes longer to type it!!!.....for me

·
Registered
185 Posts

jeffw said:
I didn't buy my JSD 3M from you but got it from a fellow Forum member in the mail today but there were no installation instructions with it...can I just use the photos you attached here or do I need further written instruction to install it? I know you really don't owe me any explanation or install instructions since I didn't actually buy it from you but instead from a fellow member...but any help on installation would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to trying your product out. :bigthumbsup:

Thanks,

Walter

·
Registered
514 Posts

Waltert said:
I didn't buy my JSD 3M from you but got it from a fellow Forum member in the mail today but there were no installation instructions with it...can I just use the photos you attached here or do I need further written instruction to install it? I know you really don't owe me any explanation or install instructions since I didn't actually buy it from you but instead from a fellow member...but any help on installation would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to trying your product out. :bigthumbsup:

Thanks,

Walter
I can email you a pdf file tonight if you can wait..... else the pics just about say it all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts