M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be on the road in 30-minutes and will give an update in 7-hrs or so.
Yes... the JSD-2M... Purchased this over the 3M for full control over the mod.

First Impressions:

Fast shipping!
Not cheesy looking.
Solid switch.
Easy install.
Smoothed out idle when engaged in neutral.

Expected 'wants' out this unit.

1) REV limiter disabled.
2) Working switch control.
3) Any performance a plus... But my main concern is eliminating that awful rev limiter!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**UPDATE**

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Now if you bought the 3M you would be thinking... yeah... I feel something... I feel something different. Of course you'd want to think that after dishing out your funds... So your mindset would be towards the product enhancing the performance.

I played with this switch through all gears.
Low - Mid - High rmp tests.

Shot down the frontage road through 3rd gear:
a) With it on.
b) With it off.
c) During 1st.
d) During 2nd.
e) During 3rd.
f) Picked an rpm and held it, then flipped it. No change... Not even one notch in the rpm and/or feel.
g) Slammed out first gear with it OFF and hit the rev limiter.
h) Slammed out first gear with it ON and hit dead point at 5500 for split-second, then continued to redline and HIT LIMITER!!
i) Geared down and toggled it on the highway.. Nothing.
j) If anything, I do prefer the sound of the bike with the switch OFF during idle... It sounds more throaty.

Like I said... I heard a change by flipping the switch during idle. It was a faint change, but I did hear it change everytime I flipped it On/Off.
But on the road... NOTHING. Nothing at all. Limiter STILL shuts down the bike!!!!!!!?????

I'm not sure if the 3M eliminates the rev-limiter??? If any of you are still hitting the limiter with the 3M... BUT assume it is doing it's job elsewhere?! THINK AGAIN!!

No better test than having the switch to enable it.

I have modifications to my cars, bikes (exhausts, mapping etc)... But out of all my mods to all my vehicles... This one is the worst of all. It simply doesn't deliver! It actually does nothing at all. It's better than buying the 3M and wondering/thinking... I think there's a change. Think doesn't cut it.

There's too much time between install and removing the mod to test a solid difference when not using a switch. If I bought the 3M and it didn't kill the limiter... I'd probably be thinking that it may be doing something elsewhere... But I wouldn't want to go the extra mile of removing it, then installing it, then removing it... Just to test it's performance. Which I'm sure the majority of the 3M purchasers wouldn't want to do either. All it takes is a few people 'thinking' in the positive vs. the negative, and the product will continue to sell. But this indeed is a negative with a solid test.

Hey Jeff... Is there a customer satisifaction/refund??

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: JSD-2M Received & Installed. **First Impression**

I think you'll like it! I'm looking forward to your report.
Jer

G

·
Re: JSD-2M Received & Installed. **First Impression**

WIZARD said:
I'll be on the road in 30-minutes and will give an update in 7-hrs or so.
Yes... the JSD-2M... Purchased this over the 3M for full control over the mod.

First Impressions:

Fast shipping!
Not cheesy looking.
Solid switch.
Easy install.
Smoothed out idle when engaged in neutral.

Expected 'wants' out this unit.

1) REV limiter disabled.
2) Working switch control.
3) Any performance a plus... But my main concern is eliminating that awful rev limiter!
Still out riding???

waiting on your report...

G

·
The 2M/3M does not remove the rev. limiter and is not supposed to. It removes ignition retard in lower gears and the "SPEED LIMITER" in 5th gear. The Rev.limiter is there to keep you from destructing your motor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been running the JSD-2M since May. It has performed as advertised. Best mod for me so far.Â

When switched on at idle - in neutral, RPM jumps from 900 to 1200. When cruising or accelerating in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd there is an unmistakable change in timing advance.Â

If you exceeded 7500 redline RPM the engine will begin to cut out with the switch on. I exceeded redline by mistake. The JSD switch is not designed to override the redline rev limiter. This would be a liability issue for JSD. Besides, who wants to exceed reline? When you do you are operating outside the designed intent of the engine. Destruction is expensive!

If you do not have a "GOOD" electrical ground the switch will be useless.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm very happy with the JSD-3M mod.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Now, I don't have a dog in this fight, but a friend of mine bought a JSD3M and he said that the motor can idle waaaayyyy too fast with the mod. He said that he took it off and won't use it.

Like I said, I don't have one. I'm just saying what I was told.

mania

G

·
109 mania said:
Now, I don't have a dog in this fight, but a friend of mine bought a JSD3M and he said that the motor can idle waaaayyyy too fast with the mod. He said that he took it off and won't use it.

Like I said, I don't have one. I'm just saying what I was told.

mania
Lol. I run it and love it. Yes, it idles at 1100 but is that " waaaayyyy too fast"? Hell no...matter of fact, I don't even notice the idle anymore.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm still thrilled with the changes I noticed after installing mine and I wonder if you got a faulty unit, unlikely I know, installed it incorrectly, or had entirely different expectations than I did.
Mine eliminated that vibrating stumble below 4,000 rpm in gears one thru three and allowed me the same satisfaction I was used to in fourth gear.  It also eliminated the artifical speed limiter function that  fifth gear  had because of the timing retard.  Now, I can bury the speedometer easily in fifth, although as Taz has pointed out, you'd have to be a nut to do such a foolish thing.
I'm sorry for your poor experience, but it's not the norm.
Jer

·
Registered
70 Posts
im with you jerbear !!! i removed mine just for shirts and giggles one day and IT IS NOT the same bike !!! didnt take me long to re-install it !!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another ride.

Sure enough... 5400-5600 rpms hits a dead spot. Feels like the fuel is instantly cut off... I know that's not the case, but that's what it feel likes, but a simple switch to -OFF- and I can run right through the rpm's to redline without a disturbance. I'd hate for it to permanently do that... So the mod is coming out in a few.

Like I said, I run the DynoJet on the other two wheel tuner, and it's very noticable for the money. So that'll be my next purchase for the 109.

I'll run against any other M109R with the JSD mod... And I promise we'll both be at the finish line at the same time! I predict we'll arrive at the same time or I'll arrive first.

There are a few riders here in Utah with M109R's, and I think they're running a JSD mod... So hopefully we can meet up soon to drag these out for the final conclusion!?

Anyone else want a go at a JSD... Just make me an offer and I'll ship it priority mail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll list the things this mod DID do:

1) The moment I flip the switch my bike goes from a 5spd to a 7spd.

2) My back tire goes from a 240mm to a 275mm!!

3) My fuel tank automatically fills to the top!!

4) My speedo jumps from 150mph to 225mph!!

5) Forget lowering bonez.... Just install a JSD and you'll drop 3" instantly!!!

6) Flames shoot out the exhaust like a dragon spittin' fire!! (watch-out for cars and people behind you)

7) Bike accelerates so damn fast the paint can't even stay on the bike!!!!!

8.) If you get pulled over by a police officer... Just flip the switch right before he hands you the ticket and he'll take it back!!!!!

9) If your bike is dirty... Just flip the switch and it'll be sparkly clean.

10) If you pull up next to a car load of girls... Just flip the switch and they'll all strip naked & fight for a ride!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
WIZARD said:
I'll list the things this mod DID do:

If you pull up next to a car load of girls... Just flip the switch and they'll all strip naked & fight for a ride!!!!
Go figure, and here I was thinking it was my 109R that was instigating that behavior.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rice Burner said:
Go figure, and here I was thinking it was my 109R that was instigating that behavior.
Nah... You're an exception... You're just too damn goodlookin'Â :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Wizard,
I think those problems you mentioned are some of the same issues that fighting Dog 109 Mania mentioned was having along with that gosh awful idle problem. I don't remember that awful dead spot, but maybe you got the deluxe version by mistake. There should be a Law against such things. Laws for Dogs, there's a good idea.
Seriouisly though, the vast majority of the riders who have installed the mod have found it to be more than satisfactory. Go figure!
Jer

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jerbear said:
Wizard,
I think those problems you mentioned are some of the same issues that fighting Dog 109 Mania mentioned was having along with that gosh awful idle problem. I don't remember that awful dead spot, but maybe you got the deluxe version by mistake. There should be a Law against such things. Laws for Dogs, there's a good idea.
Seriouisly though, the vast majority of the riders who have installed the mod have found it to be more than satisfactory. Go figure!
Jer
Maybe there's a % of sales that we're not receiving?? Cut me a percentage and I'll say this is the best mod ever!!!!

Just kidding. I thought of that... I figured I could PM Jeff and maybe get a refund or blow all my chances of a refund and post my negative experience to other M109 owners and eat the $45 hard. I'm not made of money... So take my good will for what it's worth.
Hell that's half a monthly M109R payment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gsxr150 said:
I'd write thank you notes, send flowers, and give kissey faces to JSD for the savor mod of the world...if I were you.  ;)
I would... but between work and all these women... I just don't have any spare time. Moment I walk out of work there's girl sitting on my back fender?? IN A BIKINI... Where's the curtiousy of clothing these days??? That's the last time I leave that switch on during work.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts