M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son & I put the JR exhaust on but changed the muffler for a different look (Carbon Fiber). :clap2:

As usual, it was late when we finished last night around 11 PM and we were both tired. To top it off, I got caught in the rain AGAIN! :evil: :verymad:

Boy, does this bike sound serious now! :bigthumbsup:

My bike is dirty and I wiped a little of it down so don't get on me for having a dirty bike! :duck:

I just wanted to post a picture for all to see: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
carbon fiber is the way to go! I've been waiting to see something like this or a sportbike type carbon pipe setup. Great job!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Chuck said:
My son & I put the JR exhaust on but changed the muffler for a different look (Carbon Fiber). :clap2:

As usual, it was late when we finished last night around 11 PM and we were both tired. To top it off, I got caught in the rain AGAIN! :evil: :verymad:

Boy, does this bike sound serious now! :bigthumbsup:

My bike is dirty and I wiped a little of it down so don't get on me for having a dirty bike! :duck:

I just wanted to post a picture for all to see: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Dirty mean you RIDE it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I have taken several more pics for you.

Side View showing exhaust & air cleaner mods:

Slightly different side view:

Side View from a larger distance showing exhaust & air cleaner mods:

View from slightly front:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Looks great. I would like to see a closer shot of where the heat shields meet the can. It looks like you have the two pipes going into the can and I'm guessing it's not but looks great. :bigthumbsup: also what did you use for the rear mount? Is that a SS strap?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes the reality is thats exactly what we did, 2 into one. We just carried that theme with the exhaust shields.

The strap is 5-6 inch stainless steel strap.

By the way, my son did almost all of the exhaust work.  :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

I was there for advice, moral support, dinner, a level eye & SET valve actuator Tech Support.  :D  :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice pictures Dad, looks even better than I remember. The sound of that muffler is just awsome :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Lemont, the muffler joins in just after the collector, and the mount is a stainless strap with a fabricated bracket

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Chuck said:
Yes the reality is thats exactly what we did, 2 into one. We just cariest that theme with the exhaust shields.

The strap is 5-6 inch stainless steel strap.

Chuck
Nice job. One of the best I've seen yet. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
The carbon looks awesome. Of all the exhaust mods posted, this is my favorite. Not sure it would look right on any other color though. Great job guys. Wish I had the skills.

panther06

:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
that looks great....you guys are doing a phenomenal job on all of these mods!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts