M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JR your MOD got me going today.. I had the cobras for about 6 weeks and love them.. But I think the 2 into 1 is the way to go with the S.E.T valve. so here are some pics i took while doing the MOD.. A buddy has a custom paint/ bike mod shop with lots of baffles.. HD baffles!!! So that is what i have. i do not know what bike the HD baffle is off of but i like the look of it. I spent about 3 hours to get where I'm at now.. Sorry about the raw look of crome but i just set it on the bike to get a look.. Thanks JR now i cant sleep at night!! :bigthumbsup:
I still have to make a aluminum bracket for the SET motor and get a bent 2.75" from the collector to baffle.
I will keep you all updated. And yes im going to de baffle the baffle!

http://www.ltpics.com/2into1mod/index.htm

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
cant wait to hear about finished product. :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Chuck said:
:nopic: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Check the link in his post , many pics there :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the header is about half a cobra pipe. But the HD baffle is around 3 to 5 pounds i will check it Tuesday at work. UPS scale :doorag: Come on don't leave us hanging i was hoping to sleep some tonight! :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
WOW

I'm not even sure what you did but it looks awesome

G

·
The pipe looks like a V-rod exhaust pipe. I like the lines of that pipe. Gives it a nice custom pipe with a little upswept line. Nice job bro. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruno said:
The pipe looks like a V-rod exhaust pipe. I like the lines of that pipe. Gives it a nice custom pipe with a little upswept line. Nice job bro. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Yes i think it is from the v-rod, Thanks. And i will post a sound/ video clip when I'm done!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hollywood said:

Great job to both JR and big396
+1

Looks like the hardest part about the finished look of this mod is getting the upstream shields to look like they "belong" with the new single pipe.

Some aftermarket kit should include new shields and a pipe that fits after the post SET valve trimming. A pipe and the shields would still keep the cost relatively low.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
What are the plans for the current heat shields? As they are, they both angle off in different directions from the pipe. How will you get those to work with the single pipe? That's pretty hot what you've done so far.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Medic1210 said:
What are the plans for the current heat shields? As they are, they both angle off in different directions from the pipe. How will you get those to work with the single pipe? That's pretty hot what you've done so far.. :bigthumbsup:
That's what I meant, thank you for clarifying.

New heat shields that fit the new configuration, from flange, to SET, would be great. Just enough shield to hide the weld onto a pipe with a nearly full length heat shield that had some pipe bare to accomodate the weld to the SET trim area. The shields that come with the kit would slightly overlap the supplied pipe to hide the weld.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've been trying to follow your posts but I am in over my head. Are there plans to allow for the current pipes to be used? If that seems redundant I apologize. I know your busting your butt trying everyting possible.
Thanx
-D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lets discuss it over a beer and some abuse on the other thread :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts