M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a metz 160/60 tonight, also put dynabeads in the front and my E3 rear. Took it for a spin, and was amazed at the different feel of the bike. The ride seemed much smoother and the front seemed to be lighter, stearing was effortless. I am looking forward to my next long ride. See the before a after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
I like that. Ill have to go that route when I need a new tire.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I just put a 130 on last year and I don't put a lot of miles on my 9, I don't know if I can wait for this one to wear out before I try that 160?:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
looks supper :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: that will be my next mod
what size on the back ?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I installed a metz 160/60 tonight, also put dynabeads in the front and my E3 rear. Took it for a spin, and was amazed at the different feel of the bike. The ride seemed much smoother and the front seemed to be lighter, stearing was effortless. I am looking forward to my next long ride. See the before a after pics.
Bike looks great. Mine is in the air right now waiting on my new chrome 10in rear wheel with a 280, my chrome hub, and my chrome front rim with my 160. After looking at your front I can't wait. Also did you install the dynabeads thru the valve stem or did you put the bag in the tire before it was mounted?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!:bigthumbsup::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bike looks great. Mine is in the air right now waiting on my new chrome 10in rear wheel with a 280, my chrome hub, and my chrome front rim with my 160. After looking at your front I can't wait. Also did you install the dynabeads thru the valve stem or did you put the bag in the tire before it was mounted?
Since I mounted the tire myself (First time), I waited until all was good and the put them through the valve stem. The one thing I noticed was that every picture I have seen of Dynabeads makes them look much larger than they really are. They are tiny.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone determined if by going to the wider front tire.....whether fuel economy drops off? Larger looks great, and apparently feels great (easy to steer)....but is there a trade-off in fewer MPG's?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I ran a 160 for awhile. It was a Met's rear tire turned backwards.

It is a cool look, no denying that...

But, you will give up some of your cornering ability...unless you have a 300 rear.

Just be careful.

I went back to a factory stock front tire size to regain the cornering i lost back when...

I won't go back to the wide front... Please be careful out there and practice, practice, practice if you decide this mod is for you...

Cheers all....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
:crackpipe: I disagree!
My bike handles corners much better now with the 160. That is one of the best mods you can do, for handling. It makes the bike sit more on a neutral plain with less drag. FYI-My gas mileage did not change either to answer an earlier question.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The 160 front is much better than stock. Better ride and I did not notice any negative issues. Also looks like it belongs on the 9.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
So, Is there any modifications required in going with the 160 on front?
No modifications required and it will ride and corner much better than before.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts