M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks just fine to me. I'll be getting one when my 240 wears out.

Thanks

G

·
I eat my words!!! Looks pretty good...no ballooning in the middle!! But it it safe?? I dunno bro!! Keep us posted on how this works out for you!! Good luck!!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I got to tell you that I think you have a ME 880 not a 280. Please post a pic of the tire size. This tire looks the same as Hal's 260.

Look at this tire and tell me it's the same. My tire is rounder on a 10" rim than yours is on a 8.5" rim. Your's should be a lot rounder than mine.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lamonster said:
I got to tell you that I think you have a ME 880 not a 280. Please post a pic of the tire size. This tire looks the same as Hal's 260.

Look at this tire and tell me it's the same. My tire is rounder on a 10" rim than yours is on a 8.5" rim. Your's should be a lot rounder than mine.

I think we may have a winner.... :bigthumbsup: :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep us posted on how it wears and if you have any problems, if it is safe it's my next tire when the stock one wears out.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
crazytank7 said:
Here ya go.
:bigthumbsup:

Lamonster said:

Are those tires directional? If so, then one of you has it mounted backward. Looks nice. If that is in fact a 280, I would still be concerned with the safety. If it proves to be a safe option I may try it unless the size difference from the Metz 260 is not noticeable.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Are those tires directional? If so, then one of you has it mounted backward. Looks nice. If that is in fact a 280, I would still be concerned with the safety. If it proves to be a safe option I may try it unless the size difference from the Metz 260 is not noticeable.
yea, it looks like somebody screwed up. whoever put the tire on is going to be pissed when he finds out he has to redo it :clap2:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Lamonster said:
I got to tell you that I think you have a ME 880 not a 280.
Lamont, it is a ME 880 tire. This is visible in another pic that was posted. That being said, doesn't the ME 880 come in different sizes, including the 280? I do agree that it does not look nearly as big as your 280.

Lightened up a bit to see ME 880

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I think that lamont's is on bkwrds. the tread should take water out from the center to the edge when riding in the rain. The way lamont's is would push it to the center.

sorry boss ::)

·
Registered
113 Posts
BlkM109r said:
I think that lamont's is on bkwrds. the tread should take water out from the center to the edge when riding in the rain. The way lamont's is would push it to the center.

sorry boss ::)
I don't know piss from pidgeons when it comes to tires.....used to work quality control at a local tire factory.....but I agree with that, the part of the groove closest to the middle squishes first pushing water down the groove and out to the sides.....Lamont's outside squishes first forcing the water in......I dunno though.....could be pidgeons or piss......I get confused.

·
Registered
100 Posts
joec rear tire size

The rear tire size is 280/35vr18m/c[84v] 880 marathon.That is the number on the tire.The tire is 10.5" wide at its widest point.This tire will be aproximately 1" wider on his 10.5" rim.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The tire in Lamonts post is on backwards. The rain grooves are running in the wrong direction. If you ever ran the tire like that and hit some standing water you would be hydroplaning!!! As was already mentioned the purpose of the rain grooves is to remove water from the center contact portion on the tire and direct it to the outer tire edge via the grooves.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Re: joec rear tire size

joec said:
The rear tire size is 280/35vr18m/c[84v] 880 marathon.That is the number on the tire.The tire is 10.5" wide at its widest point.This tire will be approximately 1" wider on his 10.5" rim.
Your absolutely right :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not as ballooned as i thought. HMM, gonna' watch this thread and see how it goes with that tire. I like the look, if you didn't have the stocker to compare it with, you'd never think the edge wrapping over the rim was unusual. Looks OK and I don't think it LOOKS unsafe, but I'm not in that business. Although the majority if not all of these things are not going to be on a roadrace track where the lean angles are going to come into major play, so I'm thinking it'll be fine. So who's going to try the 300 now? Imagine the poor bastard that tries to post that without a pic? LOL

1 - 20 of 53 Posts