M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Is this like proof that you did something or did you just forget to take any from any good angles? :joke: just pickin homie, what do you think of it

·
Registered
768 Posts
Awesome, can you get some better pictures? I understand these pics are showing clearance and they are great for that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
nice clearance pics and thanks for the #'s do you have any where you can see how that 280 looks. Thanks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
now after all the b.s. and if you like or don't like the use of this tire on this bike some people need to say they are sorry to joec. some people go on this line when they have time. i work 2 jobs and i try to watch it when ever i can, maybe joe is the same way and can't devote 24/7 on his computer. good job joe and don't worry about posting any changes you make on your bike. some of us like to see things beside peddle adjustments, oil changes and what wax to use. good job joec. the JUNK YARD DOG :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I enhances the pics provided and the tire is definitely a Metzler Marathon ME880. Whether or not it is a 280 mm tire is unknown based upon these pics.

mania

G

·
The clearances look fine. I just wonder what the contact area looks like. I am sure it is more rounded than our 240. Its probably as round as a sportbike tire. Good luck to you Joe C.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I don't know...that sidewall is really layed over the lip of the rim...I'd really think about cornering aggressively on that 280....700 lbs + what ever you wiegh...
is a lot of stress on that sidewall...I gotta believe you are losing patch with the tire being rounded more....

Id go with a 250-260

·
Registered
122 Posts
JOEC,

I know you've taken alot of flack, but please post some pics from the rear. As far as I can see from your pics the clearances look fine. I really want to see the full effect. Thanks Brother!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 260 on mine, and it handles really good. I have had it in there for a while. I would like to hear how that 280 handles on the stock rim. But that big of a tire really needs a 9 inch rim. My 260 could actually us a bigger rim. I would like to see how it looks though. Because I am having a rim compnay in Cali. make me some rims I really need to know what size rim to have made. and pic's help alot. Thanks

Pit

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Looks like you did it but I wouldn't want to be the frst one to hit a big pot hole like I did yesterday at about 70 mph :eek:

There is a reason that a 10" to 10.5" rim is required for a tire that size. I really do hope that you don't find out why the hard way Bro. ::)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Rear pics are needed

Feel like we are looking at spy photos

Lets see the whole bike man, and that big fat ass that we love !!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts