M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JERBEAR, COULD NOT FIND YOUR EMAIL, SO HERE IT GOES.. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT REAR SECTION MODS YOU DID, WHERE TO GET THE LICENSE MOUNT ETC, AND WHAT BLINKERS YOU USED.. THEY SURE LOOK GOOD, AND WHAT WINDSHIELD IS IN THE PICTURES.. I SAW A STICK ON, LOOKED COOL, BUT I NEED MORE THAN A BUG BUSTER, I THINK YOU USED A RIFLE, BUT I AM NOT SURE.. IF YOU COULD GET BACK TO ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.. THANKS, DIXIE [email protected]

·
Registered
849 Posts
The stock plate mount was shortened using a die grinder and then reinforced by riverting a strap of stainless steel behind it so It could handle the license plate bracket weight. The bracket(frame) comes from directline parts and has white LEDs for plate light and red Leds on the top. The bracket that several Honda 1800 retros and Neos used to have their plates stand up straight was then used on the modified Suzie bracket to angle the current setup. There are a lot of these around if you know any VTX riders as several Retro/Neo riders modified their plate setups to lay down. The signals are the stock signals with clear lens and were modified on the inside to accept the large 48 LED clusters available from Custom Dynamics. The rear LED units are hard wired in. Yes they do require load equalizers to slow down the flash.Â

All of the rear lighting was then run through a Kuryaken run, turn, and brake unit which is also available from HDL. This unit is visible for miles from behind and the run, turn, brake, flashes on and off 5 times when applied before all the red lights go solid.
As for the shield, I started with a Spitfire, and also use a Shooter for winter riding in Mich. In the Summer, I use the stick-on version you mentioned, or nothing. I can't remember the name of it right now, but you said you weren't interested in that unit anyways. This winter, we'll probably fabricate a new plate bracket from stainless similar to what HDL sells.
My motorcycle is always a work in progress.
I hope this helps you.
Jer

G

·
I believe I may purchase a windshield for my bike and I like the dark tint windshield that sticks on. What kind is it and where did you get it? How secure is it? I refuse to screw it on through the headlight nachelle. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY.. WHY DONT YOU JUST SELL ME YOUR OLD SETUP???? STOP LAUGHING... THOUGHT I WOULD TRY.. DIXIE

·
Registered
849 Posts
The stick on shield is from Laminar and I like it for a summer shield. They send it with 6 of the 3M velcro pads prefixed on the shield and include 6 Extra pads with it. Read the thread here that Joet started. If you get one, I'd reccomend that you set it on the nacelle first and make sure everything fits OK. If you see any spots where you might want a little more, I'd suggest taking one or two of your extra tabs and applying them.
These type of adhesive pads with the velcro connection can be purchased rather reasonable if you ever want new ones. I pulled the tabs off my nacelle when i went to the shooter and they removed cleanly.
Jer
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2415.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts