M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with JE pistons today, they said 700 bucks for a set of 4 minumum order, because they will be a custom piece. All they need is a doner piston and 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe a few of us thats worried about this piston problem can get together and get something going. I'm worried that Suzuki is just going to put the same piston back in. Any thoughts????????

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
chucks son said:
Hey Lamont, that price will do 2 bikes. They did say if we order 10 or more well get 25% off.
That is a good deal then. I was talking with JR and I think we might be able to put something together. :doorag:

·
Registered
277 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
no kiddin... that sounds kinda important. Whats wrong with my pistons!!'

Alan the :joke:
+1

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think if someone gets with JE we need to knock down the compression a tad. If this motor is that close to detinating stock, then nitrous and turbos are out of the question.

·
Registered
55 Posts
price is way to high je piston is just a average piston.Dont 9ner bikes have ross piston in them (forged) if they do je is no better. drag race for years burn alot of pistins ) up(nitrous)could get a custum set for 800.00 that was 10 pistins .........try probe arias diamond there are so many companys you can beat that make sure the top ring is lowerd to..........in case you ever want to put some spray on it..... 8)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
What's up. I just read yesterday that the stock pistons and rings were the same design and composition as Suzuki racing parts. There's better after market parts than Suzuki uses for racing?

Of course I don't always believe exactly what I read.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am all for some more HP, as sad to say, the bike is feeling slow lately... and I don't want to trade her in for a busa or anything...

If I could get the power to improve a good bit like your talking about, JUST MOTOR, without nitrous being used, that would be sweet...

I'm sure also with a beefed up motor, could handle a good shot of nitrous no problems ;)

So can you throw out a ballpark number that something like this would cost... say $5,000 or what?

:)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
JR,
My biggest concern is how much faster will doing all these HP gains wear out the bike? I mean 160hp would be nice, but not if the bike will be ready for the scrap pile after 10K miles. It wasn't designed for that much HP and I'd hate to blow up the engine trying to make it do something it wasn't designed to do. Of course I know you will take all of this into consideration, and I'm not implying that you haven't already thought of this, I just wanted to put this out there for people to think about. I'd hate to destroy my $13K investment. Waddya think man? ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
BlackCherry said:
JR,
My biggest concern is how much faster will doing all these HP gains wear out the bike? I mean 160hp would be nice, but not if the bike will be ready for the scrap pile after 10K miles. It wasn't designed for that much HP and I'd hate to blow up the engine trying to make it do something it wasn't designed to do. Of course I know you will take all of this into consideration, and I'm not implying that you haven't already thought of this, I just wanted to put this out there for people to think about. I'd hate to destroy my $13K investment. Waddya think man? ;) :bigthumbsup:
At least those 10k miles would be some of the most fun you ever had though huh? ;)

:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BigBen said:
At least those 10k miles would be some of the most fun you ever had though huh? ;)

:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Yeah I guess so, but I don't ride that hard anyway. I just know that engines in cars with Turbo's wear out real fast compared to the same engines without the turbos. It's like these guys with Harleys that do the stage 3 kits to get them to put out close to what we have stock. Their reliability really goes out the window when they do that (not that they had any reliability in the first place, but you get my drift!) ;) :D

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I'm seriously considering something. I'm watching what Hal's doing now with his motor. I think a cam change in this bike is a must at the least. After riding, listening and feeling the bike respond, I've come to the belief that the cams are just not aggressive enough for this bike. So I'll watch what direction your going as well JR. Whatever looks right, I'll jump on it. With winter coming up, it'd be a good time to do it.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
Ill talk to John Noonen and see about it all with JE....How many you peeps want a motor packege ??? custom cams, head cnc ported,and custom pistons ??? even could do a custom tranny and make it shift smoother ??? whos in just for pistons ? who really wants to fix there bike and play with it honeslty ? roughly 160 + - h.p 109 on pump gas who,s in ????? if we can do it for a decent price.It aint no 40 dollor mod.who legit wants to have some h.p in there 109 ??? I might be willing to come up with one hell of a packedge that WIL leave all others wondering what i did but i gotta have buyers for them so I can sell the idea to Lamont and Hal. who,s willing to throw up the money right now as in a deposit on a set of pistons ect.before We tear bikes apart for no reason ??????? I would prefer to wait till after biketober fest to tear my motor down honeslty so that would give you guys time to get some spare chnge together and get the wives thinkin right..think about it and let me know.Im not gonna do it for no reason.Lot of work by a team of people to really make this happen and do it right not billy bob in the back shop guessing...Im not talkin some freakin bike shop hackin im talkin a team of people that are top in there field to make this whole thing come together as a h.p packedge...OR you guys just want pistons and nothing else ??? or dont bother ???? let me know.I know Lamonts in and Im in and Perrys in and ill bet i can con Chuck in :p who else here will turn loose of some green and make a REAL 109???? JR
So when do we start? :evil:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
J R said:
Id like to go to biketober fest before I think of tearing my motor down.BUT if we use chucks as it will already be torn down we could send his piston and head mold to John ASAP
I'm up for it, let me see if I can talk the old man into it :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd be down with that for sure. I just need to know how many K's we are talking here. I've been thinking about buying a 69 chevelle and dropping a big block crate motor in it. But I might save some $$$ and just hop up the bikes motor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts