M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Jardine backrest? It says "complete kit," is it actually complete? No extra mounting hardware required? I still can't believe the price for the Suzuki set up...

·
Registered
155 Posts
which model? I got the quick detach and it was just the brackets and mounting hardware, still had to get the actual backrest

·
Registered
595 Posts
which model? I got the quick detach and it was just the brackets and mounting hardware, still had to get the actual backrest
What do you think of the Jardine quick detach brackets?? I really like the idea of switching from 2up to 1up but I've heard some complaints that they are flimsy and break easily. Perhaps Jardine has since reinforced them to make them sturdier? Do you like yours? Are they solid enough not to break and drop your girl on the road? ???

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like my Jardine and have had no issues. It's over two years old but only gets occasional use, and I've warned my wife and son not to use it like a lazy boy.... It's a nice option, but if you use the gel seats, you have to remove the seat to get the backrest off/on.

Looks like the one listed is the complete kit. Don't recall if they offered a complete kit when I got mine, if you get just the brackets you can choose from any of the 109 backrest (more options) :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts