M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I took the Wife on her first ride. Looks like she liked it. Now I need a backrest. The Cobra is too small and low. she likes the larger billet style.
Thats cool with me. I would buy the Suzuki large billet one and leave it on but the side bracket looks like pure crap (see below) They must figure you will cover it with their Uber expensive plastic change purses they offer... :D
The jardine support (below and link) looks a Whole bunch better and it is removeable (selling point for some) Plus its IN STOCK, but I have never used their products.

All that being said. I would buy The one rumored to be coming from Joe Via directline but I want my wife to ride sooner than later.

SO, Please tell me your thoughts on Jardines quality and whether you think this will be strong enough and not detach

link to Jardine
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=CFE6F055-1818-476B-AF7B-4826756D1365

Suzukis ugly side piece (also the full cut Gel seat if interested)

Pic of the jardine

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah its me again.....

As I pondered my post I realized that the ZOOK could be made by Jardine. They look the same.
Plus I know that the Zook rack with 4 slots is no longer available. They will instead sell you one with 2 cutouts...
eerily similar to the Jardine one shown....

What do you think??

Sledzep

G

·
That is the most practical back rest idea I've seen yet!! I'm getting this for sure!! Looks very strong and easy to remove!! What more can you ask for!!?? And a great price!! You know....I said before....these look JUST like the suzuki backrests!! And cheaper!! HMMMM!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't miss the fact that the brackets and backrest are priced seperately up there. But they are still a little cheaper then the Suzuki one's and anything available is a good deal.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hellrazr72 said:
The picture of the 109 above is not the quick release bracket just so ya'll know.
Hmm I did notice that... are you thinking the M109 is nto detatchable??? or just saying that the pic is not the detach one??

PS here is a pic direct from Suzuki (1st) C50 or something and the one Oneids sent me saying the 109 now uses the C50 because the one in the catalog has been discontinued...
I am betting it was last years Jardine they used when the pics were taken.... Now they use these.
Take a look at the 2 large openings and the 2 little ones. compare this to the Jardine above.

Zook

Oneida sent...

G

·
toneout said:
I too am in the same predicament. I took my wife to the local HD dealer and she like the Deuce backrest with the touring back pad. Much cheaper than the Jardine. It was discussed here if you missed it. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0Â

It would look something like this and be much cheaper than the Jardine or Suzuki

How sturdy is that?? That just doesnt look very safe to me. Just going through the plastic?? I dunno....my girl is no light weight. I could see that snapping off!! And not removable!! It does look kick ass though!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
The picture of the 109 above is not the quick release bracket just so ya'll know.
i'll agree. homework needs to be done first. it does not look like the 109 is a quick release bracket

G

·
sledzep01 said:
Hmm I did notice that... are you thinking the M109 is nto detatchable??? or just saying that the pic is not the detach one??

PS here is a pic direct from Suzuki (1st)Â C50 or something and the one Oneids sent me saying the 109 now uses the C50 because the one in the catalog has been discontinued...
I am betting it was last years Jardine they used when the pics were taken.... Now they use these.
Take a look at the 2 large openings and the 2 little ones. compare this to the Jardine above.

Zook

Oneida sent...

Just the picture bro!! I was going to order this tonight...called J&P and the "Quick Release Bracket" is on back order until October.....trying to find it else where right now.

G

·
109RS said:
i'll agree. homework needs to be done first. it does not look like the 109 is a quick release bracket
This is the picture that J&P offers for the quick release bracket.....that would be J&P's bad!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Weeks ago I suggested using bungee buttons for a backrest...

This seems to be  (kind of) the approch Jardine is using, cept with the bungee buttons you could use them for other things besides the backrest.

Like Big Joes rack....

And any other goodies made to use them  : )    :bigthumbsup:

For the $350 it would take to purchase the Jardines, I would add $150 and get the Corbin gel seat with backrest included !!!

G

·
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Weeks ago I suggested using bungee buttons for a backrest...

This seems to be (kind of) the approch Jardine is using, cept with the bungee buttons you could use them for other things besides the backrest.

Like Big Joes rack....

And any other goodies made to use them : )  :bigthumbsup:

For the $350 it would take to purchase the Jardines, I would add $150 and get the Corbin gel seat with backrest included !!!
I'm pretty sure that Corbin set-up w/ the backrest is way more than $500.

G

·
That Corbin set-up is CRAZY expensive!! $499 for the front saddle. $299 for the rear saddle. $239 for the basic backrest!!! Where did you see it for $500 prowler???

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
toneout said:
I too am in the same predicament. I took my wife to the local HD dealer and she like the Deuce backrest with the touring back pad. Much cheaper than the Jardine. It was discussed here if you missed it. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0

It would look something like this and be much cheaper than the Jardine or Suzuki

THNX Toneout

I took a look and I might do that. If the wife likes it I am done (I may make it stronger) but I am sure it will last till I can get this Jardine setup...
Since I will purchase the Gel seat some time too I am not too worried about the stock passengers seat survival, just the passenger.

Sledzep

·
Registered
721 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
That Corbin set-up is CRAZY expensive!! $499 for the front saddle. $299 for the rear saddle. $239 for the basic backrest!!! Where did you see it for $500 prowler???
My bad..... $538

Seems I remember 500.... Dunno, whatever, still would buy this instead of the Jardine

·
Registered
686 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
Prowler....OK....where did you see it for $538 then. Cuz every where else for that set up is like $1100.
$299 for rear seat + $239 for backrest. Someone had photos on here with that rear seat coupled with the Suzuki stock front seat. Didn't look out of place at all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts