M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before shelling out AUS$350.oo on a bike jack, is there a safe way to jack the back wheel up without using said bike jack????? Please don't suggest a paint tin under the frame. A mate already tried that one to his own dissapointment and cost. (I didn't say he was an intelligent mate!!!)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Before shelling out AUS$350.oo on a bike jack, is there a safe way to jack the back wheel up without using said bike jack????? Please don't suggest a paint tin under the frame. A mate already tried that one to his own dissapointment and cost. (I didn't say he was an intelligent mate!!!)
Hey Steve, i have a normal 2t car trolley jack, which i used with a small block of timber to lift the bike high enough to get the back wheel off. And it does need to go quite high for the back wheel to clear the beaver panel and number plate (unless urs has had a beaver ectomy)

·
Registered
254 Posts
And I lift mine from above. (a case of "working with what you have" as my dad would say ^-^)

Remove saddle, loop round slings around the frame (by the battery), and lift it with an electric winch. Simple matter of sliding a couple of wooden 9X3's under the frame then to lower it onto a firm working platform.

I would dearly love a fancy bike lift table with all the bells and whistles... maybe some day.

·
Registered
381 Posts
jacks are only 50$ us at harbor frieght... what i did was use a cinder block with a sweater on it to prevent scratching and a buddy. we lifted the rear of the bike using our backs and my wife slid the block under the bike just behind the kick stand...worked fine for adding a lowering kit.

I guess i should invest in a jack though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts