M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my second jacket and went riding last night.
Yes, we have to wit til nighttime in Florida to wear leathers.
I like my jackets a little big for ventilation in the summer and space for mire clothes and liner in winter.
I also wear gauntlet type gloves in winter to keep cold air from coming in cuffs.
Last night I found that the wide open cuffs allowed so much air to come in that the jacket filled up like a balloon.
I knew the cuffs were loose, but when I got home I measured them against two other jackets of mine (Btw the large one is for sale on the sale board herein).
I found that the diameter of the cuffs on the M109R jacket is a full inch greater than the others.
I do remember that the other on I had also had bigger cuffs but I didn't take it out riding.
So, I'm going to have to take mine to someone who can alter leather (don't think wifey's machine can handle it) and have the cuffs tapered down.
Another alternative is to add another snap to tighten cuffs but then gauntlet gloves won't fit over hump.
My, Oh My the dilemmas we face as bikers :mad: :mad:
Lve the jacket though :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found that if I unzipped the vent zippers behind the side pockets then it wouldn't balloon out. It also makes it more comfortable in medium hot weather . About the most I can stand is 75-80 degrees here in the NC mountains.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just got mine yesterday but can't decide if I want to send it back for a Large instead of XL. Dont' want it to be too small. :confused:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Just got mine yesterday but can't decide if I want to send it back for a Large instead of XL. Dont' want it to be too small. :confused:
Just wash it in hot water and dry on high heat! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Wash the leather jacket in hot water and dry on high heat? Are you kidding? Can you do that? Mine's just a tad too big and I am debating sending it back. I could do this and make it smaller?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some of you "lightweight" guys just need to hit the beer for a good solid 3 months....not while you ride...but your jacket should fit fine after that.  If you dont drink, find a Krispy Kreme.....j/k :bigthumbsup:

keep it on 2
brent.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
toneout said:
Wash the leather jacket in hot water and dry on high heat? Are you kidding? Can you do that? Mine's just a tad too big and I am debating sending it back. I could do this and make it smaller?
NO DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! It will not make it smaller, only will destroy the leather!! Will not shrink. If you need smaller then send it back in! :joke:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just realized that my cuffs are a bit large as well. Here is the solution, I will try. Just cut a slit near the zipper..maybe an inch or two away. I have some super-bond fabric glue from my leather chaps fixes I will use. Just overlap the cut to make a V on the underside and then spread the super-bond over the parts to be glued. Let dry per your glues instructions and you will be ready to go in a short while.

When making alterations to my chaps, I called a leather store (Wilson's) and that's when I learned that leather tailors just glue the stuff with this same type of fabric glue. The glue costs under $10 but they will charge you about 3-4 times that and do the same thing if you take it to a tailor.

-Tim

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got third jacket..Bow what a pest I am to Suzuke.
It's a large and has cuffs a full inch (in spread out diameter) smaller.
The cuffs are about just right now.
Bradbike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts