M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys!!!!!! This may sound a lil crazy but here we go.....What's the difference between a motorcycle lift and a motorcyle jack...or are they one in the same....i was thinking of getting a jack...Please excuse my ignorance but I just want some clarification!!! Oh..and which is better to have???? Thanks!!!!!!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Sup guys!!!!!! This may sound a lil crazy but here we go.....What's the difference between a motorcycle lift and a motorcyle jack...or are they one in the same....i was thinking of getting a jack...Please excuse my ignorance but I just want some clarification!!! Oh..and which is better to have???? Thanks!!!!!!
cycle lift..........

cycle jack

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thanks for the fast reply....I think the jack is best!!!!!! Lift maybe too much!! Thanks NEMO!!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
The jack is definitely all around your best bet. As Nemo said, easier to pull wheels off etc... The lift is nice as you can lay tools on it and get the bike up higher.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One man

Hey NEMO while i got u here...is this a one man deal..whereas i can lift the bike and do round with out anyone else??? Thanks!!!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Hey NEMO while i got u here...is this a one man deal..whereas i can lift the bike and do round with out anyone else??? Thanks!!!
Yes one man deal, Thats the whole point of getting one of these jacks, Very handy!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great Deal

Thanks Bro!!! That's a great deal on that jack..will give them a call!!!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Search craigslist as well. i see them on there all the time for very good deals. People sell the bike and have no need for them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL One in Central jersey

Search craigslist as well. i see them on there all the time for very good deals. People sell the bike and have no need for them.
motorcycle jack - $50 (Horsham)

Date: 2010-09-20, 7:53PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Craftsman Motorcyle jack. Great for working on bike. Had Road King and it lifted no problem at all. Versitile,mobile piece of equipment

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/1964640372.html

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have the jack from harbor freight. I waited until they had them on sale for $79 and then used their 20% off coupon, final cost was about $67 with tax.
+1 on the coupons for harbor freight.
I have a subscription to cycle world for just the coupons to harbor freight. They have one for the jack for $59, and another for a lift that was $399, with coupon $279.
I got a new craftsman for $40 on craigslist:D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also have the jack from Harbor Freight. It is inexpensive and lifts the bike easily. However, when lowering, it wants to drop it very quickly, even with just a slight push on the lowering lever.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I also have the jack from Harbor Freight. It is inexpensive and lifts the bike easily. However, when lowering, it wants to drop it very quickly, even with just a slight push on the lowering lever.
You hit the release lever all the way down on the harbor freights jack for slow, Just starting to push is fast on it.......

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You hit the release lever all the way down on the harbor freights jack for slow, Just starting to push is fast on it.......
:agree:
They are very durable also. When I had my front end in pieces last winter, I left it up on the jack for a few months with no problems (I had it strapped)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts