M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be able to say metrics were more reliable than Harleys, but I can't use that one anymore since my 9's broke. :eek:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Maybe you are 1 out of the 10,000. :dontknow: Anything mechanical can break. But the Japanese have a history of building a more reliable product.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I used to be able to say metrics were more reliable than Harleys, but I can't use that one anymore since my 9's broke. :eek:
If it turns out to be your fuel manager (which I'm betting on) then it really isn't Suzuki's fault....more like Cobra's.

·
Registered
918 Posts
:agree: Having lived in Japan for 3 years, I was amazed at their attention to detail. They took a lot of our ingenuity and perfected it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
not anymore

I can speak from experience, Japan is second only to the Germans when it comes to quality. I was a cnc machinist for over 25 yrs and have it from the inside. Used to make hitemp, hi pressure steam control valves for Japan. They would drive us insane over quality, they do not compromise. I feel you are one of many who suffer from, It happens. If mods have been made it tends to lean away from their responsibility. Good luck my friend Harley!!, bite your tongue!
Hey my BMW1200GSA is made of recycled washing machines and chocolate,german quality is a thing of the past............

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Not sure that i agree with you on that one sir. the Germans do build a great car/bike what ever. that said they way over engineer everything. i have room to say that because i have factory training from Mercedes-Benz and when i saw how stupid they were with the way they engineer things i didnt even want to touch those dam cars. that is now why i work on Toyotas (let the flames come), very simple and to the point when it comes to there electronics. you dont have to go through 6 or 7 different systems to get to the problem system in a Toyota like you do the Benz.

so as far as quality; yes the Germans have it but dam id rather deal with Japanese quality. Just my $0.02 on the whole German thing...

I can speak from experience, Japan is second only to the Germans when it comes to quality. I was a cnc machinist for over 25 yrs and have it from the inside. Used to make hitemp, hi pressure steam control valves for Japan. They would drive us insane over quality, they do not compromise. I feel you are one of many who suffer from, It happens. If mods have been made it tends to lean away from their responsibility. Good luck my friend Harley!!, bite your tongue!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts