M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been. Anyone point me to a good place to stay? how are the beaches? Is there a recommended route to take from Houston/Katy?

Thinking about heading down Friday morning staying at the beach all day Saturday and riding back Sunday.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you stay in Corpus, go to the Omni Bayfront Hotel. Everytime I go to Corpus I stay there because it is a good central point to access everything (restaurants, bars, etc). If you want to eat at a nice place, the "Republic of Texas" is on one of the upper floors at the hotel - very nice, awesome scenery (girls and landscape). While you're there, take a ride out to Port Aransas and eat at one of the outdoor places there - very casual, reasonable prices...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
just watch your speed on the way down. ticket happy troopers between refugio and corpus. speed goes up and down several times so pay attention. like ob said, port a is much better than corpus. any of the locals can show you "the loop" thru corpus, mustang island, port a, across the ferry and back to corpus.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
59 will take you down that way through Victoria and Goliad. I was stationed in C.C. for three years, bet a lot has changed but I loved it. Have fun bro. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
427 Posts
x caliber50, I live here in Corpus, but have been off the forum lately. There are a few things to do here, like the Wounded Warrior event this last weekend, but you'll have much more fun heading further west, to the Hill Country. Much better roads, better weather, better food. Probably fewer cell phoners and texters. I rode the Three Sisters a few weeks ago, and it's about as good as it gets. The Texas 9er's had about 25 bikes up there recently, and I met and talked with Swatcop Dave and a couple of others. Great guys. Maybe there could be another ride set up soon. If you do come back this way, let me know and we can get a ride going, hopefully.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey crdj40m109, Yeah I've ridden out to the Hill Country a few times with the Texas riders. have had lost of fun. I was thinking about finding a decent beach to hang out at for the weekend. I'm origanally from FLA and was missing a litte surf (and maybe some hot bods to watch as well). Of course work and my new house got in the way and I never made it down there. It's still on the list though.

·
Registered
885 Posts
BEACHY!!

Xcal, I feel your pain. I have gone on the Texas Hill Country rides on multiple occassions, but there is no comparison to a nice beach strutt:bigthumbsup:.

Corpus Christi is not the place to be for a nice beach:nojoke:. Try Port Aransas, Mustang Island, Malaquite Beach, Padre Island National Seashore, Port Isable or South Padre Island. Anything north of Galveston may be having oil spill issues:mad: soon and anything south of S.P.I may have cartel bullet issues:eek:.

I'm a fisherman so in angling terms....troll at about 25 mph and wait for the strike, "Heyyyyy, thats a nice bike", then set the hook with "You want a ride?". Next thing you know your open air grilling a bikini clad rump roast on the back of your 9r..YUMMMY:p.... slowly baste in tanning oil for that coconut coastal flavor!!!:D

Ride on....

·
Registered
427 Posts
For the best beach, go down to South Padre. Beautiful water, sometimes usable surf, sometimes awesome fishing, good hangouts-try Black Beard's. DO NOT SPEED through Los Fresnos(Road 100)! And all only 25 miles from Brownsville, the gateway to Old Mexico.
Nowhere else but Texas!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts