M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FORWARD CONTROLS!!

I know one of you guru's must be working on FC KIT for the M.

I was out riding this morning and just had to strech out a bit so i threw my feet out over the pegs
and boy was that comfy.Im just over 6'1" and the added 3" my feet hung over the pegs felt so right.It acctually relieved alot of the shoulder tension i was getting too,dont ask me why.
I know i could go with the crappy engine guard suzuki has and some Kury offsets and pegs.But i much rather move the controls foward.Im also waiting on suzuki's full cut gel seat,its supposed to give you 1-2" more back room.

Mike

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've been waiting for a set .I spoke to lamont when i saw him at americade lake george and he said they are working on it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Same problem here. I am 6' 2'' and need a little more leg room. I did the same thing throwing my legs over the pegs while on the interstate at 70+ mph. It felt very unsafe and the wind was trying to blow my legs off. The new seat may help. Every inch i can get will help.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yes fowards are a must for us six footers-can't wait. I rode with my cousin out to Galveston last night and he looked so comfy on his bike(not a 109) all stretched out. I don't mind the short rides around town but the long hauls pound me. I went 100 miles round trip and I had enough for awhile. Help Monster.. :tools:

·
Registered
76 Posts
This might not apply (rookie biker... be nice), but what about the engine guard from Suzuki? could pegs be attached to it so you could stretch your legs on long rides?? or is the forward controls good (whenever somebody puts a set out) enough?? I'm fixing to order the engine guards myself.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EL said:
This might not apply (rookie biker... be nice), but what about the engine guard from Suzuki? could pegs be attached to it so you could stretch your legs on long rides?? or is the forward controls good (whenever somebody puts a set out) enough?? I'm fixing to order the engine guards myself.
The suzuki engine guards are at best a last resort,,they are junk in my opinnion.I did see on the Kury site some new pegs comming out which may do the trick for me. Swingwing Pegs http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3682/

mike

·
Registered
844 Posts
You will also note that they will not really be available until "the end of July, or in August".

·
Registered
593 Posts
300 would be great for me to gain some comfort on this bike because all it does os sit in the garage. For one its just been to miserable to ride and second I am fast losing intrest in the bike. It has crossed my mind of selling and finding a little more comfort. I have been looking at some all out cruisers in the Goldwing category.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts