M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted everyone on the Forum to know that I have been working with the R.I.S. on their gas tank caps and finally they are alright to use. The R.I.S. has finally gotten the vent holes correct and I have had my gas cap for several weeks without any problems. My current gas cap has 3 little holes in it that allow the tank to vent. Running Thunder Intakes and Cobra sweep exhaust system with fuel manager.

I have to say they are not safe to use. Enjoy!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just wanted everyone on the Forum to know that I have been working with the R.I.S. on their gas tank caps and finally they are alright to use. The R.I.S. has finally gotten the vent holes correct and I have had my gas cap for several weeks without any problems. My current gas cap has 3 little holes in it that allow the tank to vent. Running Thunder Intakes and Cobra sweep exhaust system with fuel manager.

So are they Safe to use or not Safe to use? :dontknow:

I assume the line at the bottom was suppose to read, "I have to say they are now safe to use. Enjoy!" Is that a safe assumption? :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey Thunder, good deal on your behalf for working with them to get it right :bigthumbsup: Thats being said you should really put a word in for our boy Bob Steel

He hasnt had such luck :edit:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

??? A little contradiction in that...

It isn't only about the product, but it's how they dealt with the problem, or in most cases, didn't deal with the problem, or customer. They are a terrible company to deal with, and if they were the only company that sold gasoline, I'd convert to natural gas.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
most stunter guys dent their tanks like that to make some of the stunts easier. I hope they make good on your tank

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I tell ya....I won't put one on my bike....just don't trust them. If I walked out to the garage and saw my tank looking like that, it would be a bad day!

To make the whole venting problem worse, I remember Seapup posting something asking RIS about a potential venting problem with them and he got blown off.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

sweet so they still suck!

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
R.I.S.

I know its not sound business to try to produce an item without the proper bikes to test them on. The R.I.S. did have a 109 to even test their product on to determine what was wrong with them. The caps do work now. Some may think their ugly. I get nothing but compliments about mine when ever I park my gray cruiser.

The post on here with the cranberry 9 that is a bit unbelivable. But if it happend it happened. That looks more like a _____________. :dontknow:

My tank was only dented on one side at the stress point. I pulled it back out with a dent puller originally and it went right back to its original shape.

Just wanted to let everyone know. R.I.S. has put a recall out for all of the caps which did not have the additional hole drilled in it per Rick of R.I.S.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I know its not sound business to try to produce an item without the proper bikes to test them on. The R.I.S. did have a 109 to even test their product on to determine what was wrong with them. The caps do work now. Some may think their ugly. I get nothing but compliments about mine when ever I park my gray cruiser.

The post on here with the cranberry 9 that is a bit unbelivable. But if it happend it happened. That looks more like a _____________. :dontknow:

My tank was only dented on one side at the stress point. I pulled it back out with a dent puller originally and it went right back to its original shape.

Just wanted to let everyone know. R.I.S. has put a recall out for all of the caps which did not have the additional hole drilled in it per Rick of R.I.S.
What is this MAD LIBS? And why is that unbelievable? Think about putting fuel that is cooled from the underground tanks (68 degrees conservatively) then put that fuel into a tank that has been sitting in the sun then let the fumes build up inside an unvented tank in the HOT summer sun and see what happens.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts

You stated that your tank was damaged. FYI, not all dent's will look the same. Some worse than others. RIS should suck it up ( no Pun intended ) and buy this person a new tank!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

<Cracks knuckles> Ok, first of all, THEY SHOULDN'T SELL A PRODUCT, IF THEY COULDN'T TEST IT! Second, the red bike is custom paint... And I assure you, that cannot be pulled out without some damage. Third, Ricky's word is as good as t i t s on a bull. In other words, GOOD FOR NOTHING!!! He will tell you anything you want to hear. If there is a "recall", I'd really like to see it. I'm not knocking you for putting anythinig you want on your bike. It's yours, and if it makes you happy, great. But to come on a board, where MANY people have been screwed over by this guy, and stick up for his sorry ass, does nothing but hurt your image. Don't believe me? Ask McCoy's buddies. I couldn't care less what your image is. I'm into protecting members on this board from frauds like Ricky. So, I have vowed in the past that anywhere I see a post by him, for him, or about him... I will follow it like a wet fart, and expose him when at all possible.

As far as returning it... Here's what will happen.

90% will hear nothing after he gets it back.
5% will get a refund.
5% will actually get a cap back, that "works".

This is just my opinion of course. But again, customer service is everything. In his case, he just bends you over.

Good luck with your cap.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Do you have a phone number we can call to send in our old caps? Ill send mine back today!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
As a business man/company, if there is ever anything wrong with a product, the vendor/sales person should fix the problem/issue right away with courtesy and respect or else feel the wrath of the public, that's all there is to it, plain and simple.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.