Registered
1,599 Posts
Re: It's not easy being Blurple!

GASP!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

i don't know how you guys survive without turn signals. or are they integrated or maybe just waiting for some?

G

·

Nice looking bike no matter what the color. I live in Southern California and wouldn't dare ride my M109R (black) without turn signals. Not to mention, where is your license plate? I'd get two blocks before I was standing on the side of the road with a cop asking me if I was keestering any drugs or weapons and if I'd mind if he took a look...with that set-up.

G

·

and another thing, the stock pegs have to go. Are you considering any options? I waiting to receive my Kuryakyn Switchblades and will post pics on this site when I get them. Also, wouldn't some braided clutch and brake cables look cool?

·
Registered
116 Posts

:bigthumbsup: Looks good. I'm loving my Blurple too. Where you putting the license plate?

·
Registered
50 Posts

Beautiful!!! Did you use fishing line for the tank emblem / with Heat? I am going to attempt this this evening. Good Job! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

AND NO AIR CLEANERS!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

It took a while to notice. I like it, it makes the cylinders more prominent

Sledzep

·
Registered
116 Posts

:eek: Man, I didn't even notice the air cleaners were gone!!!! Does clean up the sides quite a bit.

·
Registered
898 Posts

looks like all the questions have been asked ..... just waiting for answers :bigthumbsup:

great pics ! everything lookin sweet !

khrome

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

OK, let's see if I can answer all the questions:

1. Turn signals - i'll be doing the phantom turn signals. They've been ordered. I haven't had any problems with the local police yet. I've never given them a reason to pull me over. FUnny thing is, they usually give me the thumbs up. THey really like the bike. :cop: Also, I stay out of the beach communities like HB and Laguna. Might be why I haven't run into any trouble too :bigthumbsup:
2. License plate - haven't decided which plate mount to get. More than likely i'll mount it off of the swingarm like everyone else. Maybe not. Don't really care right now since the bike is only 2 weeks old. It will be a few more weeks before I get the plate in the mail.
3. Debadging - I let big tank badges soak a little with GOO GONE in the sun. Let it sit for about 30 minutes before I removed them. I kept soaking the double sided phone time during that time. The tank and tail labels peeled right off after letting them sit in the sun also.
4. Intake - i'm going to make my own intake kit. Have to find some aluminum pipe that will fit the diameter i'm looking for and then i'll get a K&N cone filter. I might do the THunder kit when it's out depending if I like the final product. For now, I have cut up a K&N panel filter inside the intake tubes to filter the air. Big diffrence over the stock air boxes. Man are those things restrictive!
5. Pegs - I don't mind the stock pegs right now. But i'm sure i'll get some billet ones later. Time will tell.
6. Steel braded lines - YES YES YES!!! I can't wait for them to be available. They're at the top of my list!

Hope that answers all the questions. Thanks for the comments you guys! This bike is BITCHIN!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

i thinks the debadged burple is tots. looks good! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts

Love the debadge. Getting some ghosting done on my silver (fast) and will debadge also. Blurple debadgeb rocks.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts