M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost 12,000 miles on my M109 and decided that I wanted to change the brake pads before I left for Daytona.  Nothing like waiting til the last minute.  My pads came in today and I went out to put them on and they don't fit.  It turns out that all of the catalogs have the wrong part numbers.

The correct pads also fit the 2004-2006 GSXR1000 but somewhere in all of the number transferring the brake pad manufacturers used the pad # for the 2003 GSXR1000.

So the correct EBC part number is FA379HH  (its listed correctly in our online store) and the incorrect number is FA3694HH

And it will probably take a year or so for all of the bad catalogs to get flushed out of the system.

By the way, changing out the brake pads on the M109 is the easiest I have ever seen.  All you need is one socket and one allen wrench and it should take no more than 2 minutes (if you have the right part #).

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Thanks for the "head-up" on the part # for the brake pads. Just turned 9000 miles on the clock! With the riding season coming to a end here in the North East I started making up a shopping list for winter projects on the bike....I'm adding the pads to the list....your timing is perfect :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hal,

I know the feeling, kind of like when I ordered the Memphis Shades Lowers from your company with the listed brackets. I get them opened up and ready to put on and the brackets were too big. You guys were wonderful helping me get the right part number ordered, but it couldn't have happened at a worse time...right before a long road trip. By the way I notice your online Catalog still has the wrong part # listed.

Ric

·
Registered
172 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
If I recall it was something weird. I think DDrew followed up but I will check.
Actually Drew called me like you said he would but he told me I had to call Memphis Shades. So I called them and got the correct part # and called Drew back and told him what I needed. Just so you know it's not bracket # MEM9891 like you have listed it's bracket # MEM9890.

Ric

·
Registered
292 Posts
thank the bike gods for Hal and this site.......I have been through this kinda crap so many times it doesn't even piss me off anymore.
thanks Hal
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
You guys eat brakes faster than anything I've seen so far. I changed mine out on my Warrior when I had 35k miles and there was still a little meat left on them. These M109's are going to get expensive!!! :eek:

·
Registered
456 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
You guys eat brakes faster than anything I've seen so far. I changed mine out on my Warrior when I had 35k miles and there was still a little meat left on them. These M109's are going to get expensive!!! :eek:
My thoughts exactly, I always thought that brake pads on bike were similar to cars and one should not have to chanmge them out until at lest 40k miles or so. Does one really need to think about changing them out after only 10k miles??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Y'all get 35-40K on brake pads? Holy stopping power batman....

I get about 8-10K....tops. Guess I'm hitting the brakes harder to slow down more.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
11,500 miles on my bike and I was just beginning to question my brakes a little. So! Just ordered 2 sets for the front and 1 set for the rear from DirectLine. Thanks for sorting the correct parts out Hal!

Jazzman

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I am generally hard on everything....
I will now have to take a closer look at mine instead of just wondering how long gthey will last.
I have 5K miles

Sled

·
Registered
141 Posts
Brakes?  Brakes?   :dontknow: I don't think I've used them yet.  This beast isn't meant to slow down.  :joke: 

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks , Hal.....greatly appreciated. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts