M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like Ducks work but I needed to see if I could do this on my own first. I have never seen air cleaner cutouts with tinted plexiglass before so I had to just give it a whirl.
Just a side note, after doing this, I have a ridiculous amount of respect for the quality job that Ducks does.

·
Registered
427 Posts
straightshot, great job! I did the Goldwing mod to my boxes, and I agree, Ducks has it down.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I really like Ducks work but I needed to see if I could do this on my own first. I have never seen air cleaner cutouts with tinted plexiglass before so I had to just give it a whirl.
Just a side note, after doing this, I have a ridiculous amount of respect for the quality job that Ducks does.
Excellent,I like trying to do something first also. I think they look good!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Oh man! Cool beans!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow! Those came out awesome! I am actually planning on seeing if Ducks can do a plain cut-out of the autobot shield with black mesh behind the seams. Then when I get it back I'll backlight with blue LED's. I tried last year to see if he could do the whole design, but he said there would be too many floating pieces. Hopefully he'll be able to do just the shield cutout. Nice job on that. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very well done. Are you getting any cold air in from the front design?
Not yet, it's a winter project in process. I plan on getting a fuel manager first, then opening up the air boxes some more. I may even get rid of the bronze plexiglass and put wire screen behind the emblems.

Thanks for all the compliments folks, this forum has been a wealth of information and has given me some great ideas. There is alot more that I want to do with the bike, but the wife is whining about paying for other things like food, heat, kids, whatever....

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
:agree:I now have a greater respect for his work after tackling mine.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Looks pretty good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts