M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago today, I stumbled upon the love of my life: a 2007 M109R. Abandoned at a Harley dealership, dripping with chrome, lowered, and shining like a beacon of hope amongst the geriatric motorcycles on the lot. Showing only 2255 miles, I rode her home, grinning like an idiot. Half way home, I decided to call the wife and let her know that I no longer had a Virago, and that I'd traded her in. Less than pleased, my wife anxiously awaited my arrival and my a$$-chewing. As I pulled into the driveway, my wife struggled to come up with anything negative to say as she checked out the new bike. I did get a little punch to the shoulder, but she admitted that she couldn't really be mad about it. We had talked about upgrading the bike, so it wasn't a spur of the moment situation. I just now walked out the garage and the odometer reads 26363 now. She's well loved and well ridden. Plus she brought me here, where I got to know a lor of cool people, both in person and online, and it makes it that much cooler to own my 9.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Great story and :congrats: What is the story behind the Buicks? I can't tell if any are Grand Sports. They look great!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great story and :congrats: What is the story behind the Buicks? I can't tell if any are Grand Sports. They look great!
Mine's the flat black one with the red primer flames. The 2 red ones on the left are Gran Sports. The convertible is 1 of 16. The other is a vinyl top GS. The brugundy 65 is a plain jane skylark, but it's got a 455 big block, and it's crazy fast. That picture was taken a few years ago in Old Town, Kissimmee at a Buick, Olds, Pontiac show. We're all friends on the V8buicks.com forum.

-Josh

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
Josh, I think you said what all of us feel about this bike. Kind of brings a tear to the eye reading about it. :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
:congrats: I do not think my wife would have reacted that way when I got home. But I have to admit I have met a lot of great people on here and some very close friends. I also look forward to seeing the core people that attend the meet every year.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:congrats: I do not think my wife would have reacted that way when I got home. But I have to admit I have met a lot of great people on here and some very close friends. I also look forward to seeing the core people that attend the meet every year.
Like I said, we had been talking about upgrading from the Virago. The choice was between a tourer like a Goldwing or Ultra Classic (more for her than for me) and the M109. When she asked me which bike I"d buy, I told her "Whatever bike I get the better deal on first." When I came home and she wanted to be upset, she said "Just don't going buying a home without talking to me first, ok" In all fairness, she didn't go riding with me that time, so it was just my dad and all his friends saying "Buy it, you deserve it." Not one person said, "Hey, why don't you call your wife" There were a few time I could have called, but it was so shiny, and my A.D.D. kicked it. "Call the wife.......oooh, Look at that chrome thing right there! That's cool!!"

-Josh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts