M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 2 years, my wife and I have been going through the court battles to gain custody of our granddaughter after her parents abandoned her when she was 14 months old. We have been taking care of her since that time. We gained permanent custody on December 17th, 2009. Today, we went to court for a Final Adoption Hearing. It was one of the happiest days of our lives. The Judge was the coolest Judge that I have ever seen in a court room. During the hearing, my granddaughter was sitting on his lap holding the Gavel. When the judge signed the last document, he told my granddaughter that it could not be final until she hit the Gavel down on his desk. She smiled at him and slammed the Gavel down. It's final, we are now the proud parents of a 5 year old daughter, Zavanna Faith.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations!

:congrats: This is most certainly something to celebrate!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congratulations on your news, there's probably not to many words that could describe just how happy you are.
Glad to hear your granddaughter/daughter is going to be able to grow up in a house were people love her.

Nice work.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Congratulations to all of you! She is beautiful and lucky to have great grandparents like you guys. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
That is so cool. I'm very happy for all of you and wish you nothing but the best that life has to offer. The journey was long and hard but well worth it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Way to go! she IS a cutie. Your wife must be doing back flips. What's with all the medals on the judge?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats Swat. If you ever come up to New Braunfels to the Deck. I will definitly buy you a beer, or whatever you are drinking.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts