M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, talked with the adjuster today and went to suzuki shop where my wrecked bike is....tally was over 9 grand to fix it so it's totaled out. Had the nine for about 15 months and it was my first bike...put 6500 miles on her and did a few mods/add ons. I loved it and will get another bike someday but not right now. Insurance is gonna give me about 10500 for the bike after taxes and I still owe a some on it but that will put some in my pocket as well. I'm at a bit of a cross roads in my life right now so that's why another bike will more than likely be on hold. Option to get it back is there and then part it out or sell the wreck but don't have the time to deal with that right now so maybe this whole thing was/is part of the big guys plan for me...timing and all.

I love the sight and I will be on here still checkin in on the chit chat from time to time. Thanks again to Hink who helped me with bike issues I had and even called me after i texted him the outcome. He is a stand up guy for sure and hope to ride/hang out sometime. I'm in TN now but am going through a divorce, separating from the military, and heading up to Indiana to work in the family ag business flying helicopters so if anyone is passing through there this summer and sees a red jet ranger in my signature flying low over the corn...gimme a wave!!

Brian (tizzle):bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
I hate to hear that Brian, but I'm glad they are covering all of it for you. Good luck on the life and career changes too.

Speaking of helicopters, they are servicing the large power lines near work with a helicopter. The guy has to hover for hours at a time right next to these huge lines while another guy sitting on a platform under it is doing something to the lines. Talk about stressful, I hope they have an autopilot or something on them. And yesterday the wind was gusting 20-25 mph most of the day.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hate to hear that Brian, but I'm glad they are covering all of it for you. Good luck on the life and career changes too.

Speaking of helicopters, they are servicing the large power lines near work with a helicopter. The guy has to hover for hours at a time right next to these huge lines while another guy sitting on a platform under it is doing something to the lines. Talk about stressful, I hope they have an autopilot or something on them. And yesterday the wind was gusting 20-25 mph most of the day.
Thanks Zoom. I appreciate your help on here with questions I had over the last year. I really am amazed by the info and commraderie on this sight. Way cool for sure!

Those helicopters checking the wires would be a stressful job. I may find myself doing something like that in the off season. Our spray season is mid jun to august (that's the crazy time of year), then it slows way down so I will be looking to use my skill somewhere else. No autopilot on those lil helicopters btw....just lots of nerves.:bigthumbsup: And you are right...high winds like you mentioned make it a whole other ballgame.

·
Registered
643 Posts
located right in the middle of indy and chicago. Lafayette area (Purdue University). The town is actually called Monticello. Home of Indiana Beach.
Cool man, my buddy has a place on Lake Freeman. When I ride down there at some point this summer we should meet up.

And a wise pilot once said, never fly anything where the wings move faster than the fuselage.......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool man, my buddy has a place on Lake Freeman. When I ride down there at some point this summer we should meet up.

And a wise pilot once said, never fly anything where the wings move faster than the fuselage.......
Lake Freeman is more specific to where I will be. Father has a place just down the road from the airport there in Monticello and we will be working out of the Monticello (White County) airport. If your in town then definately come by and check out our operation. We run 2 ag planes and the 1 helicopter. Our family manages the airport there as well so stop by for sure.

Great advice but us helicopter pilots are a differnt breed for sure. Something about a bunch of parts flying in close close formation that drawls us. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Lake Freeman is more specific to where I will be. Father has a place just down the road from the airport there in Monticello and we will be working out of the Monticello (White County) airport. If your in town then definately come by and check out our operation. We run 2 ag planes and the 1 helicopter. Our family manages the airport there as well so stop by for sure.

Great advice but us helicopter pilots are a differnt breed for sure. Something about a bunch of parts flying in close close formation that drawls us. :bigthumbsup:
Then you might know my buddy Jerome...he flies too, and used to fly in to White County a lot from IGQ (Lansing).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.