M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And not the NUT behind the bars, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN:dontknow: Some of you may have known I had and issue with my Clutch on my 2006 TORQ BEAST. So this Friday Andre and I took it our Dealer in Keene NH. And my buddy at the service counter said, what wait for it? He would have taken it in then! I said thats cool, but how about Saturday! Cause Andre had some items to pick up, so we had to screw. But that was a great offer! MOST would have said 3 weeks:eek:
I was thinking it needed a clutch adj. BUT I WAS WRONG! The imfamiss Tubular nut, had backed off at 21,000 miles! First issue ever! For me and my bike! And he charged me 64 bucks. Well he started a little higher but he was cunfused, he forgot who he was talking to:eek:. But were both happy:p When we left, Andre blew there near drums out, and I gave them a nice wheelie! And I'M BACK, in the gel seat again:bigthumbsup:
All most forgot:eek: hooked Andre up with a 2'5" long by 6" Suzuki BOULEVARD emblume, like whats on our tanks, for his office! I have 1 and thought he should have 1 as well:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can i get a translation from anyone in NE :dontknow:

WDF did he just say ?

J/K :joke: good for you bro
Chris You know I love you like a brother, but have you been drinking:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Unfortunately the Tubular nut is a phantom waiting to strike anyone of us. 21,000 miles is pretty damn good for no issues. On the plus side the tube nut is a fairly easy fix. But I would always go to the dealer first on this failure since it is a well documented problem with the 109 and should be covered in or out of warranty. I will say 64.00 bucks is a score Torque since it is a couple of hours work.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I finally got to ride!!! and help a buddy too in the process! I think I will hang the emblem on my shed so my HD neighbor can look at it every time he pass by!!:bigthumbsup:
Glad it was only a simple matter in the clutch!!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
:congrats: glad to hear you are back riding again.next time we ride I want to see this wheelie you are pulling off, wheel 1" off ground is not a wheelie :joke:

firefighter you do have to be from NE to understand but even we sometimes are like :dontknow:what did he say or spell :D

hope to see you sunday TORQ

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tubular Nut

Hello:

If you run into the problem again. Here's the tool and the Torque Spec.

100 lbs/ft

Honda Pin Spanner
07910-4630100
$55.75

Ride Safe!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts