M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has been a long and agonizing process but I made a tough decision today, I am selling my 109! It is unfortunate but the riding position of the nine is causing me some serious pain, the main reason for selling it.

It has been great fun on this site and I will remain a member as I have met a lot of good people...that and I am still going to the ride in Vegas...lol.

I have however purchased myself one of these today to console myself in this time of grief.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
That riding position is better?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I say you've taken the riding position from lay back to lay forward.
That said, nice ride. Whatta rocket!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That riding position is better?
Yes it is for me. I have broken my tailbone a couple of times so leaning forward like that gets the weight off of my tailbone and alleviates the excruciating pain.

The 9 was really my first cruiser style bike, I really had no idea how much pain I was going to be in while riding it. I have however ridden and owned many crotch rockets and have never had an issue with the riding position.

This BMW is slightly more upright than a full blown sport bike, but has many of their characteristics....like 174HP and 109ft/lbs or torque.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Yes it is for me. I have broken my tailbone a couple of times so leaning forward like that gets the weight off of my tailbone and alleviates the excruciating pain.

The 9 was really my first cruiser style bike, I really had no idea how much pain I was going to be in while riding it. I have however ridden and owned many crotch rockets and have never had an issue with the riding position.

This BMW is slightly more upright than a full blown sport bike, but has many of their characteristics....like 174HP and 109ft/lbs or torque.
Ahh, I see. Just wondering if the 9 could've worked had you cut out a small section of the seat cushion? Nice new ride BTW

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
Ah crap, now you're going to want to start talking about Dainese leathers and getting all technical on finding the right apex in a curve. :D

Great looking bike, enjoy it bro. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
408 Posts
HD theater the other night had a 1 hour show of the BMW factory & that bike was in it. I'm impressed with the build quality of their bikes which will go over 100,000 miles easily. The high tech machines putting the engines together are amazing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys!!!

I am seriously looking forward to spring and getting it on the road, although I don't think that Biggerstretch is looking forward to trying to keep up with me now...lol.

Oh and just so you are all aware, the mod bug transfers with you from bike to bike...I am already looking for all of the cool toys and additions that I can make come spring!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have first dibs on 109 parts you want to sell :pray:

nice bike... ish. :congrats:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts