M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know where I will be. Just sayin.:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Lucky you!! Hoping that Hayden has a good showing out there, along with Spies. Cant wait for them to get back to 1000cc bikes next year. Americans are too big for those little 800s

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hayden is gonna have a hard time keeping up with the likes of Spies and Rossi, who is switching to Ducati next season. Rossi has proven his metal on Honda and Yamaha way too many times already. And he is still kicking pretty good a$$ despite his leg injury. No reason to think he won't do well with Ducati, as well.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Rossi is in a whole other league compared to everyone else. He can get out on a Harley and still crush!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, just not as much as MotoGP. I kind of stopped after Mladin left and Spies went to WSBK. But I started watching a little lately. I see that Ben Bostrom and Tommy Hayden have been stepping it up.

I noticed your location and really envy you. I presume you are rather close to VIR? Man, I'd love the opportunity to be close enough to watch a couple races in person. I have been trying to talk the wife into taking a trip to Cali to watch MotoGP and AMA Superbike when they come.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah, I've been to VIR once, a few years back. Girl I was dating at the time was a model, and she was an umbrella girl. I got some nice pics with Duhamel and Bostrom when they were still riding on the RC51s, and a couple of autographed posters. I gave up on AMA when American Honda went to the toilet, and couldnt compete on the track. I hope that full factory support comes back stateside, because AMA/DMB really needs it. Its the danged Suzuki cup out there now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I really used to like Duhamel and Hayden on the RC51s. I even had a Duhamel Replica Shoei RF1000 with the dragon graphics when I had my R1 and Gixxer 1000. I think he later went to Shark Helmets. Colin Edwards was also a terror on the RC51. Yes, Colin could wipe the floor with me as far as riding is concerned...but he has been rather disappointing after leaving WSBK. Maybe he should just give up and try something else. I'm surprised he still has a MotoGP ride.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You are a lucky man to be so close to some of the best road racers in the world. I am looking forward to seeing how Spies does once he gets things settled down at that level. He broke them off real proper like when he switch from AMA to WSB. That was just awesome seeing an American handing out A$$ whoppins like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm certainly all about the Americans showing and proving, but Rossi is still my absolute favorite rider. Even during the couple years that he wasn't crowned champion. But I certainly take nothing away from Spies. At least one Texas boy has proven himself (Spies - Longview, Texas....Edwards - Conroe, Texas).

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Oh goody! Its time to watch a bunch of cookie-cutter bikes going round-and-round.

I stopped watching when they did away with the big two-strokes. Them were the good old days. Kind of like Nascar today, bunch of cars cut from the same mold, with different paint jobs, crashing. YIPPEE!

I quit watching when cars like Plymouth SUperbirds and Dodge Daytonas were banned for being too fast.:'(

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah, I really used to like Duhamel and Hayden on the RC51s. I even had a Duhamel Replica Shoei RF1000 with the dragon graphics when I had my R1 and Gixxer 1000. I think he later went to Shark Helmets. Colin Edwards was also a terror on the RC51. Yes, Colin could wipe the floor with me as far as riding is concerned...but he has been rather disappointing after leaving WSBK. Maybe he should just give up and try something else. I'm surprised he still has a MotoGP ride.
That Duhamel replica helmet is my all-time favorite lid. I had this one, but in black and silver. Colin won a world championship on the RC if I'm not mistaken, right? I think the year before or the same year Nicky won in AMA?

·
Registered
19 Posts
That Duhamel replica helmet is my all-time favorite lid. I had this one, but in black and silver. Colin won a world championship on the RC if I'm not mistaken, right? I think the year before or the same year Nicky won in AMA?

Yes, they both dominated AMA and World Superbike simultaneously. It was awesome. I remember wanting an RC51 pretty bad around that time. LOL.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes, they both dominated AMA and World Superbike simultaneously. It was awesome. I remember wanting an RC51 pretty bad around that time. LOL.
My 64-year old father-in-law has an 04 Hayden replica RC. I was poised to buy one, but I just couldnt get with the silver frame, so I got an all black 04 CBR 1000RR when it came out. Everyone and their mama said that 04 was definitely the last year for the RC, and the very next year they come out with an all black one. I was so pissed. There's a shop in Maryland that has an 05 (my dream bike) and its at a pretty good price. Tempting as it is, I have to fight the urge to go up there and actually take a look at it. I just know I'd leave with it

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 64-year old father-in-law has an 04 Hayden replica RC. I was poised to buy one, but I just couldnt get with the silver frame, so I got an all black 04 CBR 1000RR when it came out. Everyone and their mama said that 04 was definitely the last year for the RC, and the very next year they come out with an all black one. I was so pissed. There's a shop in Maryland that has an 05 (my dream bike) and its at a pretty good price. Tempting as it is, I have to fight the urge to go up there and actually take a look at it. I just know I'd leave with it
Now that sounds like a sweet bike. I'm the same way. Impulsive sometimes. Hard to pass up a deal like that. If you do buy it, though, you damn well better post pics! I'm watching a recording of today's MotoGP. Spies is leading. About to see how this thing turns out.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Now that sounds like a sweet bike. I'm the same way. Impulsive sometimes. Hard to pass up a deal like that. If you do buy it, though, you damn well better post pics! I'm watching a recording of today's MotoGP. Spies is leading. About to see how this thing turns out.
Was a good race. Did you hear about the 13-year old who died in an earlier race? I guess he laid his bike down, then was hit by another bike. Jacob Lentz I think was the kids name.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts