M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down yesterday evening about an hour before dark. I got lucky and was able to walk away. I'm really sore today like i took an ass whoopin but still smiling and i will be ok. heres what happened.

I was on a nice windy road in the country about 10 miles from home and, if you remember, i'm the one that's been having that "limp" mode problem with my bike. Hinks been helping out a lot and I thought I had it licked but yesterday it was doing something different....limiting on power at about 5500 rpm and in 3rd that's about 85 mph....was really frustrating....anyway, none of that matters now. I was coming up to this sweeping left hand curve on a hill....as i approached the hill i slowed to about 60 and began the lean with no issues....just at that moment i saw a deer on the road about 50 yards in front of me. I don't think I was ever going to hit the deer but it took my focus for just a second and in that turn coming off that hill, I was really "focusing". The back tire began to skid as I obviously used to much back brake too quickly (I was braking with both). I quickly decided that skidding in the corner at 60mph wasn't good so I righted the bike and took the path of least resistance. I quickly entered the grass and small ditch for about 10 feet (rough ride) then came a 7 feet or so hill....I don't remember much but I hit that and departed from my bike coming to rest about 40 feet from the hill in front of and perpendicular to my bike. I lay there in the silence and started wiggling my fingers, toes, moving my harms, and then stood up. I had landed in grass, dirt, brush, and briars. Actually very soft ground saved me. The bike was on it's right side. A passer by stopped as I was getting up...He was amazed at me standing there walking around.....I was wearing jeens, tee shirt, shoes and fullface helmet. He helped me get it out and onto a trailer he had, so I could get it home.

My knee hurt a little bit with a scrape on my leg just above the knee...I think I hit the handle bars going over....my neck is a bit stiff...my helmet visor was ripped off on one side and I actually had thorn cuts on my forehead...don't get that one. sticker bush rash all over my back but thats about it. I just missed a telephone poll on the way up the hill.

I thanked and will continue to thank God.

ps...goes to bike shop on monday for adjuster to look at it....looks mostly cosmetic but agent said may be totaled if it got airborn and cracked frame or bent something of that nature.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
damn, sure hating reading things like this. i am glad that you are ok and that you had a rather scary situation turn out for the better. wishing you and your bike a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
408 Posts
ouch, glad to see your o.k., from the looks of the pics, looks like you got lucky not to hit the post and lucky you were wearing a full face helmet.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sorry to here your bad luck Bro. They totaled Mine with all the cosmetic damage. Only good part I was on a new nine in 3 days.
Good luck Bro
Dam Guy

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Glad your ok, that's the most important part. Hope you can save your bike, if possible. Thanks for sharing. Deer are one of the main reasons I don't ride my bike when working late, because they are out almost every night where I live. I saw one once when I riding home and that was it for me. I had to sit there for a few minutes til a car came and then he moved. GOOD LUCK....WISH YOU A QUICK RECOVERY

·
Registered
295 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Bikes are replaceable people are not. . .

·
Registered
180 Posts
WOW, sorry to hear about your crash glad your OK. From those photo's I think you might be getting a new bike, it look like a lot of damage. GOOD LUCK hope it all go well for you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts