3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up last night.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks.

now I need to adjust the clutch cable. when its in 1st & I let the clutch out 8th of an inch & its taking off. :eek:

any help would be good.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didnt adjust it yet. just looking for some feedback on what to look for.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
i didnt adjust it yet. just looking for some feedback on what to look for.
You can adjust it at the perch, but if there isn't enough room to back it out, then you can adjust from the bottom side underneath the side cover to get it to where you like it. Also check to make sure the ends aren't frayed, if they are go ahead and order a new cable. Barnett makes a good one and it is only $65 and they will fix any problems that you could ever have.

·
Registered
202 Posts
very nice. i see you went with the most sophisticated, not to mention the coolest color. enjoy! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks.

now I need to adjust the clutch cable. when its in 1st & I let the clutch out 8th of an inch & its taking off. :eek:

any help would be good.:dontknow:
First of all Congrats!

When we picked up my wifes bike aka FRED (Shortyy), the clutch was terrible. When I down shifted to engine brake it darn near bucked both of us off. We tore the clutch apart and did the "Bluey" fix but never found anything major. (a little glazing on a few plates) The problem was sh*tty oil. It was almost sludge. After the oil was changed it shifted better than my bike. (Yes, we changed the oil at the same time we did the clutch).

I would start there. It is a simple thing and really should be done after buying a bike any way.

Good luck and congrats again.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts