M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ill give you guys the short version.

2 weeks ago I ordered clutch and throttle cables from DLP, received all of them within 4 days or so. Thats the good part.

Installed clutch cable, no issues.

broke open both bags for throttle cables, installed PULL cable, no issues.

looked at PUSH cable and realized it was a PULL cable as well. heres the issue.

Somewhere along the lines a pull cable got put in a push cables bag, and i got 2 bags with DIFFERENT part numbers, but the same cables.

Contacted DLP, they sent me another bag with part numbers for a PUSH cable--- inside: a pull cable!

Contacted DLP again, they send me another bag with part numbers for a PULL cable--- inside: a pull cable.

So tonight I get pissed off, tear the plastic ends off my stock cable and one of the extra pull cables DLP sent me, and frankensteined myself a push cable.

the cables are exactly the same other than the plastic retaining piece at the throttle end that curves away from you and either right or left.

PUSH cables should bend away from you and to the left!!!! PULL cables plastic will bend away from you and to the right!!! pretty easy. guess not.

So tomorrow Ill bag up the 2 extra cables I have from DLP and send them back.

They did a good job sending me new cables in a hurry, but a ****ING HORRIBLE job making sure it was the right one. shame on you DLP. get your **** straight.

I told them about this issue as soon as I knew about it and the appropriate actions were not taken.

Not sure if Ill be ordering from DLP again, as I have in the past and had issues then as well, but have also had good experiences with them... So i guess itll depend on what part I need and when I need it.

Anyway I just wanted to get that out.

-Nate

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
If the bags weren't opened and they had the wrong parts inside, I'd say that was a Barnett problem. :dontknow:

When I have a problem with wrong parts like that, I try and send them a picture of what the part should look like so they can compare it. I've never had to do that with DLP, but when I got my VStream shield it had two upper left brackets and no right. Instead of trying to explain what I needed, I sent the company I got it from (Republic Cycles) a picture of the wrong brackets. They opened up another box and sent me the right bracket.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked DLP if they wanted a pic of what I got and what I needed, they didnt respond to that, but instead drop shipped me another cable from a warehouse...

Im not sure if they have the ability to open the package and check for me, without sending it to themselves first!!!

I do realize its not DLP's fault that barnett is labeling the cables wrong, but they should have corrected the issue like you stated, opened the bag and checked.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
They ship from 2 or 3 warehouses, but they are still DLP locations. I get parts from NC and Ohio from them. Someone there should be able to look a the part first, but I'm not sure they would know what to look for. I've had mine on and off a few times changing grips and I'm still not sure I could tell if it was a push or pull I was looking at if they were laying in front of me. :D

Glad you got it working anyway. Getting those ends swapped would not have been easy, since the barrels go on after the ends are installed.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just got my cables yesterday and saw this post and went to the garage to get them and what did I find the same cables in different bags. Looks like I will be calling them today.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good luck! youll notice the black plastic ends curve away and right if you hold the end of the cable in your hand.

those are both PULL cables, the mount points are as follows: the upper most cable on the throttle body assembly, and its the foreward most cable in your grip assembly. Youll see what i mean when you get it torn apart.

-Nate

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just sent them their spare cables back in the mail, and then emailed them.

if they want to satisfy me and keep a future customer, they can send me the right cable when they figure it out. otherwise Ill find other places to order parts from and gladly pay more for what I need when I need it.

-Nate

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
these posts make me laugh....as many issues this place has...and people continue to order.....
From the way this sounds, it's not a DLP problem. It's a Barnet problem. DLP apparently responded quickly with replacements. The willingness of the company and how quickly someone resolves my problem makes a difference on whether I'll do business with them again or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey this is Drew at DLP.
N8S109 and any others affected, I apologize for the mix up on the cables. I called over to Barnett this morning and we were able to straighten everything out. It appears that Barnett incorrectly packaged a whole shipment of our cables. I sorted through them this morning and relabeled all the mislabeled packages. This mix up only affected +3" cables, not the standard length cables. If you received cables from us within the last 3 weeks and you are concerned if you received the right ones, the best way to verify is to look for the cable adjuster. The cable adjuster is only on the pull cables (see pic). If any one feels they might have received the wrong one please let me and we will get it swapped out.
You can get me at 888-258-6699 Ext. 202
Thank you,
Drew

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drew called me personally yesterday and straightened it all out with me. DLP is sending me a new push cable at no charge to me and making the situation right.

Its good to see them come through even though it was technically not their mess up. Thanks a lot DLP and I will be ordering from them in the future!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Drew took care of me as well and sent out the cable the same day. I it was'nt for this post and me on here all the time I would have tore the bike down and found out then they were wrong.

G

·
From the way this sounds, it's not a DLP problem. It's a Barnet problem. DLP apparently responded quickly with replacements. The willingness of the company and how quickly someone resolves my problem makes a difference on whether I'll do business with them again or not.
be that as it may.....just always seems that there just seem to be "issues" with orders and this company....just sayin'

everyone is free to spend their cash where they want...and I wish no company ill, it's nice to have a sponsor to a decent site. Just when you smell something fishy, and it keeps involving the same source....can only make one ponder why.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hey this is Drew at DLP.
N8S109 and any others affected, I apologize for the mix up on the cables. I called over to Barnett this morning and we were able to straighten everything out. It appears that Barnett incorrectly packaged a whole shipment of our cables. I sorted through them this morning and relabeled all the mislabeled packages. This mix up only affected +3" cables, not the standard length cables. If you received cables from us within the last 3 weeks and you are concerned if you received the right ones, the best way to verify is to look for the cable adjuster. The cable adjuster is only on the pull cables (see pic). If any one feels they might have received the wrong one please let me and we will get it swapped out.
You can get me at 888-258-6699 Ext. 202
Thank you,
Drew
from my experience with DLP, Drew is the "D" in DLP. If you talk to him your problems are usually fixed. Good job Drew!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
be that as it may.....just always seems that there just seem to be "issues" with orders and this company....just sayin'

everyone is free to spend their cash where they want...and I wish no company ill, it's nice to have a sponsor to a decent site. Just when you smell something fishy, and it keeps involving the same source....can only make one ponder why.
:agree:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have been ordering from DLP for a longtime now, starting back in 2006 without any real issue
only thing Ian say is one time they did not have a part in stock and they website didn't say that so only part of the order came and the other was about a week or so late ... I was some what mad because I had to call to find out why didn't have it in stock.
I cancel the older for the remaining part ad got it locally the same day for about $50.00 more
but that is me being inpatient
I do not like to wait at all, still trying to get over my impatient problem
if something is a day late shipping I get mad

DLP is like any other company and like any other company they makes mistakes
but when the mistake is not there's and the do what it takes to make right, you got to give them there respect

I'll continue to order from DLP and I will also recommend DLP to others

to each is there own

Hal is a great guy, I know him personally as he live just 3 or so miles from me and it is his intent to do right by everyone

He has no need to rob anyone and his company will be here for a long time too
what maybe 1 in 1000 maybe wrong, come on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts