M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear tire have some flickers in the center of the tire. Like some peeling off. And the front tire is uneven on the side like as if the wheel is out of alignment. Anyone having such problem? Mine is an 08' model registered in 2010. I am afraid that the tire were left on the wheels for 2 years before going on to the road. the salesman at the dealer told me that the tires have an 'unuse' life span of 5 years. Is that true? BTW, my 9 is just 3 months on the road. Thanks in advance for all feed backs.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
do you have pics of them at all?? the front tire will ware like that most likely because of road crown; not sure about the rear tire? post a pic of that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had gotten 1,200 mi on my front stock tire...when I would lean into a turn it felt like I was going over rumble strips. The stock tires are poorly designed...many post on this....

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
do you have pics of them at all?? the front tire will ware like that most likely because of road crown; not sure about the rear tire? post a pic of that.
I will go do that now. Picture to be in much later. Sorry, as I am at work. No access to upload the picture.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had gotten 1,200 mi on my front stock tire...when I would lean into a turn it felt like I was going over rumble strips. The stock tires are poorly designed...many post on this....
That seems to be quite a low milage for the front tire. Mile is almost double that and it looks like that there are still lots of threads in the tire. Will have to pay more attention to its wear and tear.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What PSI's are you running?
I wanted to run at 36psi for the front and 42psi for the rear as per manufacturer. But the mechanic here told me that I should go a tat lower as our whether is very hot here. And that was what he put in for me.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I wanted to run at 36psi for the front and 42psi for the rear as per manufacturer. But the mechanic here told me that I should go a tat lower as our whether is very hot here. And that was what he put in for me.
I would think the opposite. The lower you run your pressure, the more heat build up you will get, bigger contact patch=more friction. The higher the less, to a point. And how much is a tat? Have you checked the pressure?

·
Registered
179 Posts
...the front tire will wear like that most likely because of road crown....
It's usually on the left (in the US) and it's actually because of the higher speeds with which riders take the (wider) left turn rather than a slower (tighter) right turn. Higher speed = more scrub

It's the reverse down here where we ride on the left.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
'It's the reverse down here where we ride on the left.' Yup, we are on the right too. So is the problem on the front tire.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would think the opposite. The lower you run your pressure, the more heat build up you will get, bigger contact patch=more friction. The higher the less, to a point. And how much is a tat? Have you checked the pressure?
I see. The mechanic might have lowered the pressure by 10kpa.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As per photo attached, the tire have gone pretty soft. Dents are found here and there. The cut shown is caused by some glass pieces as I could dug out a tiny piece of glass in it.Please click on picture to have it expanded for a clearer view of the cut.

·
Registered
450 Posts
When i went for my first oil change (994 km) i told to the advisor that i have shaking feeling when i turn my stearing even in left or right. He asked the mec to get a ride tour. After that, he told me that even i run 36psi , my tire is deformed....what the..... only 1000km.... i will complete this summer and change for a Metz or Avon...i've always runned them on my Gixxer no issue....Dunlop= no more for me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts