M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left side was very easy but I have problems wtih the removal of the right side cover.

The problem I am facing is that I cannot loosen the air cleaner box clamp screw due to the fact I can't get my screwdriver right in the screw head. The reason for that is that it is too far behind the hose.

Anyone has experienced this ? Any hint ?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
When I ran into this problem, I asked the guys here what to do. The simplest answer is to basically pull the air box towards you and up till the 2 parts seperate, and then throw out that metal clamp and replace it with 2 big zipties so you don't have to worry about it again. So far, thats been solid advice.

Did you actually manage to get the other side undone with the screw? Must of been a bitch! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you actually manage to get the other side undone with the screw? Must of been a bitch! :D
Yes I did but that was pretty easy on that side. The angle of the screw was just fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I ran into this problem, I asked the guys here what to do. The simplest answer is to basically pull the air box towards you and up till the 2 parts seperate,
Boy.... no risk to break the hose ?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
:agree:
I had the same problem with the placement of that clamp, just wiggled it out... and back in for that matter. I've never had any problems with it:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys. Thanks. I'll go this way !:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally got everything back in place. Thanks to you guys ! :bigthumbsup:

The only thing that bothers me is that I could not tighten the upper clamp, the one under the tank. Could that be an issue ?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The only thing that bothers me is that I could not tighten the upper clamp, the one under the tank. Could that be an issue ?
I rotated the clamp around so I could get to the screw easier to tighten it. You could try that or go with a zip tie.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I finally got everything back in place. Thanks to you guys ! :bigthumbsup:

Like I said in my first post....pull your tank off. Then you can get to everything you need to.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I don't know the difference in the way the covers on the M109 and M90 are set up, but it took me roughly 30 minutes to install mine and I didn't have to remove the tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts